Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 officially cancelled

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Fallout 4: S.T.A.L.K.E.R :(

Grim Monk

Arcane
Here is a translation of the statement:

Заявление Сергея Григоровича
«Я понял, что данная концепция сталкера не будет интересна многим игрокам и принял решение удалить все наработки. Анонса не будет, вместо этого будут показано все то, что успела сделать команда без меня. Бренд S.T.A.L.K.E.R переходит в руки Bethesda games. Я ухожу из разработки игр - надоело...»

Statement by Sergei Grigorovich
I realized that the current conceptualization of Stalker would not be of interest to most gamers, and decided to scrap all work on the project.
There will be no official announcement. Instead, there will be a display of all the work the team managed to finish without me.
The S.T.A.L.K.E.R brand will be transferred into the hands of Bethesda.
I'm leaving game development – I've had enough...

«Я понял, что данная концепция сталкера не будет интересна многим игрокам и принял решение удалить все наработки. Анонса не будет, вместо этого будут показано все то, что успела сделать команда без меня. Бренд S.T.A.L.K.E.R переходит в руки Bethesda games. Я ухожу из разработки игр - надоело...»

I realized that the current conceptualization of Stalker would not be of interest to most gamers, and decided to scrap all work on the project.
There will be no official announcement. Instead, there will be a display of all the work the team managed to finish without me.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearnoevil:

:rage::(

Man this is depressing...

hiver

What... like seriously?
Bethesda..? for fuck sake...whatever comes out of that asshole is going to be even more bugg ridden then all Stalkers combined together.

Also:

CorpseZeb

Learned
Welcome to the... Stalker - An Easy Access Edition.

Ps. That's seriously fubarly...

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
this has been their plan all along

The Elder Scrolls 6 will end with your character destroying the final Tower and causing the apocalypse, the reality of the world tearing apart as seen in the STALKER games, while the Fallout games show the aftermath

Bethesda will finally combine all three franchises into one game and destroy the world

the mayans were right

Cleve was right

you can buy the game as Fallout 4/TES 6/STALKER 2 as you wish

it is exactly the same game with a different ground texture

everyone in the world buys all three twice

financial meltdown ensues

ITZ COMES

playing the skin flute while gnomes burn

deuxhero

Arcane
Apparently the offical Facebook confirmed it as fake, but they also confirmed the cancellation as fake...

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
That last word can be translated as both "I've had enough" and "I've gotten bored", which is ambiguous without further context.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
probably making the levels in Gamebryo as we speak

radiant AI factions

it will be marketed as a more action heavy version of Fallout 3 with plenty of wacky mutants to blast and weird anomalies powered by gamebryo physics while listening to crackly russian radio station with ZANY DJ, KAMERADES, STAY SAFE OUT DARE IN ZONE GAHAHAHAHAHAHA

maybe even a hot independent female stalker with mission of revenge and loyal attack dog to accompany you on your journey
:love:

and finally stalker fanbros will be told that their game was shit before bethesda updated it with cover based mechanic and glamor kill cams

camo fallout power armor preorder bonus

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
...and stalker nexus for all your pink minigun needs

WHY KOMRADE WHEN YOU CAN PLAY AS UPLOADED MODEL OF DEFAULT BIOWARE SHEPARD HERO RACE AND SUMMON GETH RADIO, BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! AND REMEMBER...IN ZONE, DANGER FIND YOU! DOSVIDANYA!

Duckard

Augur
Talk about a fate worse than death. I really hope that Bethesda thing is false. I don't want some shitty you can never lose STALKER in the year 3000 crap because of their retarded game development policies.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Sad day, but not exactly surprising. I don't think anyone seriously expected STALKER 2 to come out at the rate it was going, anyway.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2

WHY DO UKRAINIANS HATE US SO!!!!!!!!!

joeydohn

Savant
So we've got World of Stalker and The Stalker Scrolls II: New Chernobyl to look forward to? I'm not quite sure how I feel.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I can't believe the Bethesda bit. That has to be a joke. They must know how Fallout fans feel about Bethesda.

Why would Bethesda bother with the rights anyways? Unless they planned on buying them to remove the competition. All a Stalker game would be to them is a Fallout with less name recognition.

On the other hand, the cancellation is very believable and mostly expected.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I can't believe the Bethesda bit. That has to be a joke. They must know how Fallout fans feel about Bethesda.

Why would Bethesda bother with the rights anyways? Unless they planned on buying them to remove the competition. All a Stalker game would be to them is a Fallout with less name recognition.

On the other hand, the cancellation is very believable and mostly expected.
The new Super X-Ray Deluxe engine will be their new buggy ugly shit heaven since idTech 5 is no bueno for majestic hiking sims.

Secretninja

Cipher
1_I_Dont_Want_to_Live_on_This_Planet_Anymore-s500x282-295658-580.jpg

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Oh for fuck's sake. I saw this shit on their official facebook yesterday, while I wish them well with their project I'm almost certain they'll be dissolved in a year tops like most Eastern European MMO developers.

What I don't understand is why Grigorovich who apparently made a boatload of cash on the franchise and was most likely going to do so again, chose to abandon this project. Is he having a mid life crisis or something?

If Bethesda were to acquire the rights to the IP it would just be terrible. TERRIBLE! I don't see any mention of this on GSC's forums which usually know their shit, so I'm hoping this is just bullshit. Seriously they would probably move the Zone to Maryland and bring in Duty and OMON - BECAUSE THEY WANT TO GIVE OLD FANS OF THE SERIES WHAT THEY WANT!

Stinger

Arcane
Oh no under Bethesda STALKER 2 will be a really buggy first person shooter!:troll:

ok fine, SoC and CoP were pretty awesome when I could get them to work, shame it's turned out like this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom