Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Vatnik Wumao
Gotta appreciate ZA/UM's work in a post-ironic sort of way... :^)
HdW4WZO.jpg

ntZbdin.jpg

AbyTi7I.jpg

Still, I find it absolutely hilarious how cognitively dissonant some Disco haters are when they state, without having played the game most likely, that ZA/UM goes easy on Communism while shitting on the rest of the ideologies that they satirize within the game.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
So zany and quirky

No wonder it got a prestigious award from the prestigious Dorito Pope.
This is exactly what the TikTok generation would enjoy. You know, the "commies" copy/pasting commie propaganda from their iPhones.

Can this boomer meme not die? iPhones aren't agiven anymore, but even if they were, politics does not overrule the lived reality of what's needed to survive the modern world.

Still, I find it absolutely hilarious how cognitively dissonant some Disco haters are when they state, without having played the game most likely, that ZA/UM goes easy on Communism while shitting on the rest of the ideologies that they satirize within the game.

They say that because being a racist incel is one of the few paths in Disco that sees zero reward. (Could any way of living be less ~Disco~?!) The writers are as brutal with them as they deserve.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cyberpunk, fuck yeah.
DECB459C7C75596014A0CD64522581C17C6596E8

A5B41601E70E953F97DE8842602C0BB6B06C2B91

5CEE812D65B1B6BB87A1DAB96EEA44F77C22CCBA

BB9F7A4FE1E5A12ECB5C3D1919BC00BB10C42D6A

CAE00D69CB1351509A07AE322A8173ED3DF5CFA1

AA0C158427F930C03686169ED7588F69D2E65E0A

What's the matter, huh?
681818D4DD86C90B6911385285B9342A9853ED70

Organ transplantation deals, Sseth would be glad. Well, it was just the one of two possible outcomes: to save some dying woman by closing eyes on stealing required organ by her son or... well, ratting them both out a little bit. Go figure which one I chose.
57B0BBEEA1707B5115E541FE732D834B2F64F3A7

Enjoyed this a lot, also gave it a playthrough recently. Only lasted me around 10 hours so it's a short game, but the exploration was great, writing was top (with some of the best voice acting I've ever heard in a game - the actors actually act their characters rather than just reading from a script without passion), and combat while not great was decent enough. The only thing I grew tired of rather quickly were the overly long hacking sequences. The minigame just took way too much time and at the end I wished I could skip it with a simple skillcheck.

Vatnik Wumao
Can this boomer meme not die? iPhones aren't agiven anymore, but even if they were, politics does not overrule the lived reality of what's needed to survive the modern world.
That's beside the point anyhow. It isn't 'capitalism' that made the iPhone, but technological innovations and the labor of workers.

Anyhow, lets not derail this thread. For more DE screenshots, I'll leave 'em in our prestigious DE thread instead. :salute:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Is there any actual gnomeplay in Discord Trannysium or is it all cringey dialogue?
The only game mechanic is the skill check, where for an active check the game will roll 2d6, add it to your score in the relevant skill, and then determine if it meets a threshold for success (assigned varying difficulty levels), although a roll of 2 always fails and a roll of 12 always succeeds. However, for almost all of these active skills checks, a failure still allows the player to retry the check after raising the relevant skill by at least one point. Passive checks occur by deterministically comparing the player's score in the relevant skill to an assigned threshold, and providing the player with a bit of flavor text if the check is passed. The image below shows a success in an active skill check for hand/eye coordination, a rare one that cannot be re-attempted (and which I passed with a 3/36 chance of success +M). Below that is a success in a passive skill check for reaction speed, which had a low threshold that my character was able to pass with (probably) just a 2 in that skill. Various pieces of clothing you acquire all have at least bonus or malus to a particular skill, sometimes multiple effects. Other than skill checks, gameplay consists of walking around and clicking on dialogue options (and there is a tremendous amount of dialogue or interior monologue text).

L8jlTxb.jpg

A horse of course

Is there any actual gnomeplay in Discord Trannysium or is it all cringey dialogue?
The only game mechanic is the skill check, where for an active check the game will roll 2d6, add it to your score in the relevant skill, and then determine if it meets a threshold for success (assigned varying difficulty levels), although a roll of 2 always fails and a roll of 12 always succeeds. However, for almost all of these active skills checks, a failure still allows the player to retry the check after raising the relevant skill by at least one point. Passive checks occur by deterministically comparing the player's score in the relevant skill to an assigned threshold, and providing the player with a bit of flavor text if the check is passed. The image below shows a success in an active skill check for hand/eye coordination, a rare one that cannot be re-attempted (and which I passed with a 3/36 chance of success +M). Below that is a success in a passive skill check for reaction speed, which had a low threshold that my character was able to pass with (probably) just a 2 in that skill. Various pieces of clothing you acquire all have at least bonus or malus to a particular skill, sometimes multiple effects. Other than skill checks, gameplay consists of walking around and clicking on dialogue options (and there is a tremendous amount of dialogue or interior monologue text).

L8jlTxb.jpg

Could've just saved yourself some time and rated my post "No".

jackofshadows

Magister
Enjoyed this a lot, also gave it a playthrough recently. Only lasted me around 10 hours so it's a short game, but the exploration was great, writing was top (with some of the best voice acting I've ever heard in a game - the actors actually act their characters rather than just reading from a script without passion), and combat while not great was decent enough. The only thing I grew tired of rather quickly were the overly long hacking sequences. The minigame just took way too much time and at the end I wished I could skip it with a simple skillcheck.
The problem with the combat lies in a terrible balance melee vs ranged. Melee allows to player stunlocking enemies and breeze through the game (also thanks to retarded AI) while ranged requires ammo to buy while gives almost nothing in return. Having said that, I enjoyed both approaches nevertheless, it was just somewhat "warning" to people who potentially might get curious because of all that guns in the 2d enviroment. The game is not about it. As for hacking, yes, very similiar experience but mostly because it's a dump skill by common RPG-player sence. With maxed out hacking all that sequences are becoming piss-easy and not tiresome at all but they're also doable with any invested skill so... Anyway, the game deserves much more recognition than it have :(
378F0699666EF3FA4150E8D700B63DB296A414D7

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
TFW you sat down for another playthrough in anticipation of the forthcoming masterpiece by Hardsuit Labs and then end up playing 2.5 runs in a row.
355AEFF764EA05DD1A2F74F9643FD170462866AF

352cumk.jpg

Heather gets a bit craziness through master's blood. Nice touch.
JifNmIE.jpg

At first I thought it's another part of malkavian's exclusive experience but no. Just an urge to restart the game.
V2UQtNV.jpg

Malk's replies are the best, yes. Sometimes font becomes almost unbearable though.
Y0lK78h.jpg

That was... very nice of him.
YYHauSk.jpg

"Father" might be annoying.
eaeAcoT.jpg

Guess Nine's appearance fixed in Wesp's patch but I don't care much.
RslYl2q.jpg

Let's say goodbye to some things in advance regarding the sequel.
MclKSPe.jpg

Saizg0J.jpg

JyZMj1Q.jpg

yn9arhK.jpg

What'd you expect, bitch?
SaAVkZA.jpg

GET OVER HERE!
owQMm2Z.jpg

Such generocity.
VydMOq7.jpg

Never gets old.
yY1Ccab.jpg

Intimidation isn't useless because of a lines like this.
cHlNxc0.jpg

On the second thought, maybe it is.
LqCl3ct.jpg

Cat45Qz.jpg

Qrz92Gf.jpg

I meant to say "I'm so sorry". What the hell with the dialogue options? :argh:
Just kidding :smug:
PgZ4MAF.jpg

Akwaaaard.
FevzV8p.jpg

That line... :lol:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom