Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Scribe RPG: a 2D open world action, adventure, RPG by former Kingdom Come Deliverance art director Mikulas Podprocky

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Update #3

Hello everyone!

In today's update, we want to show you a bit more about how it feels when you play with your equipment. You can observe how your stats react to what you equip, or when you hover your cursor over an item, you can see some information about it. It's all already working smoothly in-game, and we are fine-tuning the numbers. We'll likely continue to do so until the very end of development because properly fine-tuning your RPG systems is one of the craziest and most rewarding parts of developing an RPG.

And just to add a small detail, notice that as you equip different items, your in-game character's visuals change accordingly. :)

We would like to thank all the backers. We truly appreciate each and every pledge.

And if any of our followers are reading this update, please reconsider. We have more than 500 followers just here on KS. Please don't wait until the end of the campaign to consider pledging. Scribe needs your support right now. We won't make it without you. Thank you!

Have a great day/evening, everyone!

Last edited:

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Update #4

Our campaign is struggling.

We see that, and we are doing our best to promote it as much as we can. We are contacting media outlets, sending out press kits, and more. However, it's probably not enough, and it won't be enough as we near the last days of the campaign.
However, we want to stress that we are truly thankful for anyone who believes in this project and supports us. We are not planning to stop working on the Scribe RPG even if the campaign fails. We love this project, we loved it before, and we will finish it because it is so much fun for us to create games like this.
-
And as usual, we're providing you with a slightly more extended video showcasing one of our dialogues, which includes a nice day/night transition.

Enjoy and have a great day!

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron

Update #7

Hello everyone!
In this update, we would like to show you an uncut gameplay clip from Scribe RPG. It's a simple exploration of a bandit's lair, featuring stealth, looting, inspection, and combat. Keep in mind that everything is still a work in progress, and there's a lot of tuning and fixing that needs to be done.
Hope you enjoy it! Have a great day, everyone.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm somewhat surprised this got a "Project We Love" tag and is still struggling. The tag alone usually bumps up your visibility a lot.

Probably just a sign of the times that people really don't trust kickstarters anymore, especially by new studios.

Readher

Savant
I'm somewhat surprised this got a "Project We Love" tag and is still struggling. The tag alone usually bumps up your visibility a lot.

Probably just a sign of the times that people really don't trust kickstarters anymore, especially by new studios.
There are more publishers that specialize in indie games nowadays too, so people might think that you should just pitch to them instead of relying on KS like in the past.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Simply ZERO marketing they've done. They haven't even contacted Swordhaven Team, who are running Kickstarter in parallel with similar audience, for shout out. Hooded Horse publisher might pick them up and save project

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Since this is done by ex-lead artist for WarHorse and Vavra gave warm recommendation on Twitter, I fail to see why wouldn't WarHorse give these talented guys, their former colleagues, small loan of 50k euros. Bunch of people will probably try to convince me that things ain't that simple, but truth be told: they are.

Notch also could have invested into bunch of indies, he chose giant mansion and beer fountain. He still had money left, so he invested it on Wallstreet. He still had money left and he chose to sleep on it. That's the truth. Rich people have power to be super cool or super lame. Most are lame. My family is like that. Rich father, uncle one, uncle two, uncle three, grandpa. And they spend 25k euros on young ugly lawyer slut after first blowjob, go on 7 summer vacations in single year while paying their blood minimal wage (gipsy janitor lvl) for programming and yelling at them: "Where is my Instagram/ PostgreSQL/ AI Marketing meets Call Center killer"

Vavra should be cool rich guy

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

There are more publishers that specialize in indie games nowadays too, so people might think that you should just pitch to them instead of relying on KS like in the past.

Consumers may think that, but the truth is that the video game industry is currently imploding. All my gamedev circles are in shambles.

Basically, the bubble popped. Publishers are being way more careful in the projects they take on, and this means less opportunities for new studios.

This honestly could be a good thing for games in the long run. Less bad games that gets money thrown at it just because the studio heads have connections.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom