Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SCUM - online shitting and pissing simulator from Gamepires and Croteam

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not related to another Serious Sam

rating_rage.gif

It would be a cool idea, if you had a one city with day/night cycles plus some stealth mechanics but in single-player game. A new Manhunt with better graphics and more freedom, melee fighting system, where you visit all those friendly neighborhoods. Ah, the possibilities.

tormund

Arcane
TBH I am not sure how big Croteam's involvement in the project is. Chances are that meat of the work is done by that other team and that Croteam is merely helping and lending their name for marketing purposes (as seen in that RPS article, they automatically jumped on calling it "Croteam’s Survive ‘Em Up").

Klarion

Arcane

interview with developer of SCUM - Gamepires studio... u can see some cool footage of game setting and characters.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Serious sam makers doing PUBG clone on UE4 with more gameplay mechanics?, early acces Q2 steam

Reminds me of Postal

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Some dev talk:

SCUM is designed for thousands hours of game-play time with gradual skill progression (game will have three different types of experience points). We started with premise that all people are unique, so your character will be unique too (SCUM has RPG character customization system). Even if you clone your character, after 10+ hours of game-play when metabolism and environment influences kick in, they will evolve into different characters. This is the common thing in real life; imagine what would happen to you if you chosen different education path 10 years ago. The next big thing is a layered game-play, SCUM will feature low, mid and high level game-play options. All players have free will to do whatever they want, they can play SCUM as classic battle royal game, try to survive alone, or they can try to create alliances, together hold resources and grow their own society or finally they can try to reach higher goals, involve into story driven game-play by solving adventure like puzzles and mission objectives to reach the ultimate goal - leave the island alive. This free will was something of a great importance to us, at no point in the game players will be limited in their actions. If we are talking in terms of a racing games, try to imagine ultimate racing game where players can compete as arcade racers or pro simulator drivers depending on their preferences and skills.
Furthermore, weapons are just tools like a hammer for example, in SCUM players are the real weapons. It is not necessary to use a brute force to kill somebody, you can kill other players on many different ways by using your wits, but it really doesn't matter if you are good killer or not, what matters in SCUM is if you are good survivor or not.​

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Watching some videos, and a lot of elements are governed by player character skills like in a RPG and not twitch skills which is unexpected for a game of this type

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Hey this is actualy pretty great, actual RPG awarness, you might not even see enemies if they are up close, i'm starting to like this game.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
At first I thought its some lulzy game but it actualy looks like a decent game with RPG mechanics

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
To be more exact:

Real, brutal, hardcore, kick-ass, next-gen, “finally, THE survival”, – basically everything that hardcore survival player is expecting to get – down to loosing teeth because of lack of vitamin C (or getting short in heated discussions), then asking politely others to give you their healthy teeth, so you can use learned dentist skill of crafting your own dentures – it’s going to be crazy deep in upcoming PC Steam online survival game called SCUM.

SCUM is coming from our friends and ex-Croteamers at Gamepires, published by also our friends at Devolver Digital, where Croteam is producing, co-financing and also helping with the development in photogrammetry and mocap areas.

SCUM also has a Steam page, so go there, wishlist and follow the development! Also, check out the latest video, screens and post comments (and best wishes) in Steam’s discussion forum:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/513710/

I thought this was DayZ Ex, but it looks like they're going full Innawoods here

Last edited:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
It is probably funded by the US government like Americas Army. It's neither f2p nor p2w, distributed only to people whose jail is full. Instead they stay home and are forced to play the game the whole day.

Burning Bridges

Serious sam makers doing PUBG clone on UE4 with more gameplay mechanics?, early acces Q2 steam

Reminds me of Postal

Oh Makabb! This is the One! The One game that we have been waiting for .. ! Get groceries for 2 months, unplug every connection to the outside world and hang black sheets over your windows, and play, play, play, and PLAY!!

Only if I read in the newspaper "ca 30 year old man in Poland played himself to death" I will be concerned about you ok.

Burning Bridges

I have followed the game with some interest, it's worth looking out for but so far there is no proof it's nearly as good as they claim.

Btw do you remember Identity? A big mouthed kickstarter in 2015 and since then:

that's what usually happens with those full life simulations.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I have followed the game with some interest, it's worth looking out for but so far there is no proof it's nearly as good as they claim.

Btw do you remember Identity? A big mouthed kickstarter in 2015 and since then:

Yea, well, here is a dev company who got some experience with making games, 1st serious sam got 18 years.

So it would seem more plausible then some 'day z' mod made by who knows who or PUBG made also by who?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That's why it's called (Die Cis) Scum

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom