Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sergei in MotB

Texas Red

Whiner
I've never played a fighter type character in MotB, so I've never completed the Ice Troll Lodge quests. Sergei is the character with the mysterious past who was the most powerful fighter of the Lodge, and the one who was passed out because of alcohol.

Is there more to him if you complete those quests? I remember than the ice bucket girl said that she thought Sergei lied about his past, about hailing from Mulsantir.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Sergei is your final fight in the fighting challenge iirc.

Btw you don't need to be a fighter to do the quests. If you are a caster or can use scrolls through UMD you can still complete those quests.

spoiler:

Have Gann cast Energy Immunity Cold on you, time it so that his spells hits you after you quickly clicked through the dialogue of the Ice bucket girl and therefore after you have been debuffed. You don't take damage then.
Use Shapeshift scroll to shapeshift into Nightwalker, this gives you the STR required for the armwrestling. You now only have to win the fighting challenges. Sergei has a good sword, you get it if you defeat him.

I killed everyone in the lodge with my CE sorceror when I failed the ice bucket test. Good times.

Multi-headed Cow

Uninstall the game HURF DURF HURLFEUUUUHEUEHKHEUHEHUELH.

PS: I'm not joking.

deuxhero

Arcane
Yes when I played through as a Warlock I did all the quests because of my natural energy resistance to cold (from being a warlock) and UMDing a few scrolls for wrestling.

Texas Red

Whiner
On my last playthrough I got a pretty cool C&C. If you don't kill Myrkul, you can persuade his knight follower to help you out in the City of Judgement :cool:.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
The Ice Troll lodge is good fun. I remember pwning the whole lot of 'em with my Wizard/Arcane scholar of Candlekepp/Red Wizard of Thay ubermage specializing in Necromancy (one of the most badass builds evar) after their shaman dude wanted to hurt One-of-Many. So, here I'm thinking, "well, hurm, they're barbarians, they probably have high fortitude saves, but what the hell", and then I cast "Wail of the Banshee"... and it pwnd them all. Took three seconds. Hell yeah.

(Oh ya, and then I beat the Angry Badger spirit using maximized Isaacs Greater Missile Storms. Good times all around :cool: )

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I went there with One of Many and they decided I was evil and I had to fight the entire goddamn lodge. That was the hardest fight of the game for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom