Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sex in Alpha Protocol is satisfying and tasteful

Suchy

Arcane
They should finally start including fetish sex into games, like bondage, feet, watersports, and so on, then hype the shit out of it. Screw the adult rating, it would sell like hot rolls.

kris

Arcane
Suchy said:
They should finally start including fetish sex into games, like bondage, feet, watersports, and so on, then hype the shit out of it. Screw the adult rating, it would sell like hot rolls.

It is fetish because there is not a lot of people that likes it.

MetalCraze

Arcane
This reminds me of pop music scene. Apart from developers talking more with their retarded mugs covering the screen than showing the game footage of course. Just like with pop "stars" which are born out of scandals, bring immediate huge profit thanks to stupid teenagers and then disappear after a year - developers like Rockstar, CDP, Obsidian and Bioware try the same with games - because nobody will care about their shit after a year, especially considering that the next EXTREME game with sex, blood and other dark and gritty maturity will be just around the corner. For the most part their games even play themselves. It's like they know that their games suck so hard that they include arrows pointing at enemies and the ability to turn auto-target on to get through the boring part (aka the game) quicker.

kris

Arcane
Suchy said:
it doesn't matter whether you like it or not. if it's in a game, the game sells.

I think you need to provide some evidence that those things would be able to increase sales of a game. I see no compelling evidence of that.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Retarded fuss around Mass Effects naked butts was good free advertisement and hey, it's enough reason for some people to buy a game (or anything).

kris

Arcane
Hoaxmetal said:
Retarded fuss around Mass Effects naked butts was good free advertisement and hey, it's enough reason for some people to buy a game (or anything).

1. A naked butt is not a "Fetish".
2. You provided nothing saying anyone bought the game because of that apart from a opinion.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Just saying what I think, of course it's only a opinion. And who's talking about fetish?
Since there's no data about reasons why people bought ME we can only speculate. Also remember that naked butts are in the game but what Fox proclaimed was that ME is most realistic sex simulation evar or something like that.

If one didn't buy ME because of that he at lest looked what that fuss was about.

Suchy

Arcane
kris said:
Suchy said:
it doesn't matter whether you like it or not. if it's in a game, the game sells.

I think you need to provide some evidence that those things would be able to increase sales of a game. I see no compelling evidence of that.
What Skyway said. Make it a scandal, hype it up and you get the cash. Works for movies, will work for games.

MetalCraze

Arcane
kris said:
Hoaxmetal said:

2. You provided nothing saying anyone bought the game because of that apart from a opinion.

Just look how modders fix F3 and now tell me there won't be enough teen retards who will buy this game also because "the game is so cool you can even fuck tranny here!"
And what about all that baaawww when TW shipped without nipples in US? Such a critical part of the game was cut off that CDP even releases a nude patch as a full game.

I wasn't talking aout 3 specifically

but IIRC there is a whore in Megaton, inside the saloon, that will supposedly have sex with you. Dunno because I'm not really interested in sex in games unless it's important to the story

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Clockwork Knight said:
I wasn't talking aout 3 specifically

but IIRC there is a whore in Megaton, inside the saloon, that will supposedly have sex with you. Dunno because I'm not really interested in sex in games unless it's important to the story

As illustrated by the illustrious LP, even though there is a whore, Luzur is correct in that there is no "acting". The woman just lies on the bed. No words, no animations.

Data4

Arcane
Anyone who uses the word "satisfying" to describe sex in a video game is... well, I mean, come on! Isn't it obvious? :lol:

Phelot

Arcane
If I was developing a nex-gen RPG like AP, I'd keep hyping the sex in the game, but never show anything so all the dork virgins buy it only to find out the sex is all dudes pounding each other and that your main mission is to destroy the female gender and help men realize that they don't need women. You unlock achievements for filling your man stable with sleek bros.

kris

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
kris said:
Hoaxmetal said:

Just look how modders fix F3 and now tell me there won't be enough teen retards who will buy this game also because "the game is so cool you can even fuck tranny here!"
And what about all that baaawww when TW shipped without nipples in US? Such a critical part of the game was cut off that CDP even releases a nude patch as a full game.

Those teen retards would either have already bought the game or not be convinced by a little thing like that. No, sorry, cant be convinced anyone would buy it for that reason. Also only place I seen people say "this convinced me to buy the game" for things like this is... the codex. I don't think they actually did, but at least they expressed their appreciation.

jazzotron

Liturgist
phelot said:
If I was developing a nex-gen RPG like AP, I'd keep hyping the sex in the game, but never show anything so all the dork virgins buy it only to find out the sex is all dudes pounding each other and that your main mission is to destroy the female gender and help men realize that they don't need women. You unlock achievements for filling your man stable with sleek bros.

Put enough points in the Rim-Job skill and one can attain the power-ability "Vacuum Cleaner", which allows one to suck out all the faecal matter from a rectum.

:? :oops: Oh dear - I'll see myself out...

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Clockwork Knight said:
Luzur is correct in that there is no "acting". The woman just lies on the bed. No words, no animations.

I figured it's like FO2, the girl just says "K, come with me", then the screen blacks out and when you can see again she's like "was it good for you?"

It's not even that in F3. The whore just lies down on the bed, fadeout, she's asleep on the bed (with all her clothes on!) and that's it. Oh well, hopefully AP fades out instead of trying to show anything like in ME, that was just awkward.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Do you guys honestly want computerized penis in vagina sex scenes in RPG's?

You guys need to get out more and get laid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom