Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Yeah Shamans rule, they've actually been my first characters in both OG and DC Dragonfall.

dryan

Arcane
you HAVE to play as a Shaman at least once. a lot of cool XCLUSIVE dialogue
You mean class specific ones, or just because as a shaman you will have to dump a lot of karma in charisma and therefore get more ettiquettes?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New Shadowrun campaign coming: http://harebrained-schemes.com/about/job-openings/

Lead Artist
Harebrained Schemes seeks a talented Lead Artist to guide art production on our next Shadowrun campaign! We’re a small team of passionate game-makers, dedicated to crafting fun new experiences across a variety of platforms and genres. This is an on-site contract position for pre-production and assuming the project is greenlit, for the duration of the 6 month (minimum) project. Harebrained Schemes is located in Kirkland, WA,

What You’ll Do
  • Work with the Game Director to plan and execute a riveting new story in the Shadowrun Universe, based on our existing franchise art direction.
  • Drive the overall look and feel of the project.
  • Collaborate closely with the Design Team to provide accurate concept art based on their cool ideas.
  • Seamlessly integrate into a small, well-functioning art team. Provide that team with concise critique and actionable feedback on their work.
  • Create and/or direct the creation of materials such as key art, trailers, screenshots, and wallpapers to share with our awesome and supportive audience.
  • Stay on-schedule and on-budget without the need for a bunch of draconian oversight.
Required XP
  • Concept art skills – you’ve done awesome concept sketches and illustrations for shipping games before.
  • You love making (and playing) games, not just making art. (Though you love that too!)
  • You can give clear, actionable verbal and written art feedback that adds real value.
  • You know all the stuff we’d expect you to know about art: color, value, lighting, composition, creating focus, atmospheric perspective, character, and so on.
  • You know how to lead – people, processes, and thinking. You’re positive, proactive, organized, and comfortable determining the tasks and priorities of others and yourself without a lot of hand-holding.
  • You have some experience with graphic design and know how to arrive at the *right* look based on the needs of the product.
  • Nobody else has a good answer? You say, “Challenge accepted”.
  • You love working with others – ‘cause you’ll be stuck working with us, and we’re a highly-collaborative bunch.
  • You’ve seen Blade Runner. Because, come on.
Bonus XP
  • Prior experience designing for isometric games.
  • Existing knowledge of the Shadowrun franchise (or at least, a general love for sci-fi & cyberpunk.)
  • You’re awesome at effects art, too! Particularly within Unity.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Fuck yeah!

Hope that it won't take to long until it is released. Adding the pre-approval process + a buffer for unexpected crap to the mentioned 6 months, we might get a new Campaign within a year?

pippin

Let's hope it gets released soon! SRR is quite the sleeper hit. Harebrained really takes care of this project and they deserve all the support they can get for that.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
And I still am not finished with Dragonfall and I want to play mods ! Looks like I'll be playing this game for the next six months. That's perfect, considering how much I'm loving it so far.

On another note, is the % above enemies (indicating the probability of a hit) accurate ? I swear that when I'm around 50%, it still manages to miss like 3 out of 4 times. It could just be that I have shitty luck.

Zetor

Arcane
Yea, I'm hoping for HK too... mostly because making a HK campaign is a pain without the proper assets /sadface

e: I'm pretty sure HK finished second, actually, based on this post. Apparently the votes were really close in the end, about 1% or so!
edit edit: foreshadowing, aka why would Mitch bump a thread from 2012 just to say this:
> Quote from Zolt:
> Berlin is a fantastic city, but much of the Shadowrun lore (and there's a ton of it!) has been built by the local community. It might be difficult for HBS to build the city they want without contradicting lore. Maybe easier with Hong Kong.

Hopefully, we did okay on getting Berlin right. :)

Last edited:

SwiftCrack

Arcane
And I still am not finished with Dragonfall and I want to play mods ! Looks like I'll be playing this game for the next six months. That's perfect, considering how much I'm loving it so far.

On another note, is the % above enemies (indicating the probability of a hit) accurate ? I swear that when I'm around 50%, it still manages to miss like 3 out of 4 times. It could just be that I have shitty luck.

You could miss ten times and it could still be accurate. It's a coin flip every time you shoot with 50%.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
New SRR campaign!?

d725cc40_184201_south_park_i_just_came_1.jpeg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The Evolution of Turn-Based AI in Shadowrun:
http://gamasutra.com/blogs/Sheridan...he_Evolution_of_TurnBased_AI_in_Shadowrun.php

GumboScript for DF-DC is only the beginning; a first version designed to support basic turn- based actions. We hope to advance the system features by focusing on utility, adding more prediction, goal-based decisions, and the ability to learn from past results. We hope that these systems can work in both turn-based and real-time environments for more responsive AI in all future Harebrained Schemes games.

Grinning Reaper

DMS was good, Dragonfall was even better. I'll probably be replaying this soon now that I have the "Director's Cut."

Speaking of the Director's Cut: while CDPR is patting themselves on the back for releasing 16 pieces of DLC that they could have withheld for "free" with the release of TW3, Harebrained Schemes is giving added (not withheld) actual content (not horse clothes and shaving cream) for free to those that already have the expansion. This deserves some serious praise.

Also, new SRR campaign? looks like it's about time for HS to shut up and take my money.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hope it is Hong Kong, wanna some japanese/chinese looking props and some chinese and japanese portraits for my mod.

Rake

Arcane
My experience with playing DMS after Dragonfall, was poor. Felt like I played Planescape Torment, and then played Icewind Dale afterwards.

At best C+
Well, you played them in the wrong order. DMS wasn't so bad taken by itself. It wasn't so good either, and Dragonfall improved p. much everything, but that bodes well for their next game.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I like how they seem to have a long term plan for this game. They can release extensions for the next five years before pulling out Shadowrun 2 and I'll be fine with that. Make it the next Neverwinter Nighs, bitches !

Heresiarch

Prophet
I've just finished DMS. Man, the 15 hours I spent on it (including lots of AFK) compared to the 80s hrs of D: OS and Wasteland 2 was a yawnfest.

Please tell me Dragonfall is significantly better than DMS, otherwise I would just play something potentially more interesting instead like Tome4 or Anachronox.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've just finished DMS. Man, the 15 hours I spent on it (including lots of AFK) compared to the 80s hrs of D: OS and Wasteland 2 was a yawnfest.

Please tell me Dragonfall is significantly better than DMS, otherwise I would just play something potentially more interesting instead like Tome4 or Anachronox.
It's better alright.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom