Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[shameless plug] Warp Rogue - my game

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
For all those who have not read my signature yet: I am working on a game.
Just another shitty roguelike 'cause I kinda lack artistic talent, though.
However as far as shitty roguelikes are concerned I am doing pretty well.

Try it and tell me what you think:
http://todoom.sourceforge.net/

Except for shameless advertisement this thread is also my attempt to get one of the codex moderators to update my avatar and title. I contacted Saint by email but somehow that was not.. very effective..

So if some other moderator could update my profile that would be great. You can use the avatar I use in my development journal:
http://copx.livejournal.com/

Twinfalls

Erudite
Hey that wasn't a diss - that was possibly the best image posted on this site....

bryce777

Erudite
Wow, you are an actual girl and not a 40 year old crossdresser, and you have never once mentioned your cat or cosplay? This may be a first for the entire gaming community!

BTW, I am not "Tall, muscular, and horribly scarred" as I have said in the past. I am much younger than I pretend, and I am an engineer/lawyer/cosmonaut/rocket surgeon as well as being a programmer.

Not saying that as a come on or anything, just wanted to clear that up!

bryce777

Erudite
Copx:

You might be ok as a programmer because you are obviously some kind of autistic after the whole thing with you quoting the dictionary and not getting the idea of the use of language in anything other that literal interpretation, but that is why I can't imagine your game would be anything but stupid.

I love to offer encouragement where it is due!

Also, I was not really disturbed by the penis cross, but the fact you find that sort of thing funny is a little wonky, to say the least....

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
bryce777 said:
Copx:
You might be ok as a programmer because you are obviously some kind of autistic after the whole thing with you quoting the dictionary and not getting the idea of the use of language in anything other that literal interpretation, but that is why I can't imagine your game would be anything but stupid.

You might be ok as a programmer too being an asshole and all that. You might be a little ignorant of the great wide world but that is normal for Americans.
So here are some shocking news: There are people who are able to communicate in English (more or less I admit) who do not live in English speaking countries! In fact many of them do not even interact with native English speakers regularly! :shock:
It may not surprise you that for those people the dictionary is the primary tool for understanding rarely used words.

Shit, why I am even replying to this? Guess I am bored.. :?

bryce777

Erudite
Hey dumbfuck, guess what?

English is not my native language, either, and I did not speak more than a word or two of it until I was nearly in my 30s. I have said time and again I am not from the USA originally....

My statements also have no bearing WHATSOEVER on your language skills per se, but on your intelligence.

Guess what again? You are unable to see this, that's right, due to lack of intelligence.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
bryce777 said:
Hey dumbfuck, guess what?
English is not my native language, either, and I did not speak more than a word or two of it until I was nearly in my 30s. I have said time and again I am not from the USA originally....

But you live there now so your understanding of the language is based on the way the people around you use it while I - being in a different situation - have to use the dictionary. There is nothing "autistic" about that but somehow you are too ignorant to understand that.
You originally criticised me for "not getting the idea of the use of language in anything other that literal interpretation" which was totally unjustified but I guess you are too much of a dumbfuck to admit it. How the hell should I know how contemporary native speakers use the word "uncanny" (to get back to the original thread) in everyday life if I do not live among them? Occassionally communicating with them through the internet does not teach you such stuff.

HardCode

Erudite
I speak English better than everyone, so STFU and talk about this game. i @m da 133t sp33kuR of 3ng1sH

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
LlamaGod said:
what happened to Tower of Doom

I changed the direction of my project so it needed a new name. I also figured out that the old name "Tower of Doom" is already used by another, much older, game.

and lol goth lol

Well I admit that many people associate that term with angsty teens nowadays but "gothic" was orginally the name of a certain style of architecture. Warp Rogue is based on the Warhammer 40K universe which wikipedia describes as "gothic science fantasy" I just took the term from there because I think it fits.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
I'd like to see a seriously "Gothic" game as in the old Germanic barbarians with their own special alphabet and Arian strain of Christianity. On the other hand, it would probably just be like Nethergate, which I've never played and probably never will.

Twinfalls

Erudite
I want my 'Adventures in Castle Gormenghast' game dammit.

It'd actually be a good potential Obligon mod, only the Disney design of that game looks way too clean. Gormenghast needs dust.

Anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom