Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Shivering Isles of Choices

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Calling him "you big fuckin' piece of shit" because your opinion is different, isn't."

Sure it is. Don't be a dumbass. that's how it's always been. Do a search on the forum. Tons of evdience of that exactly happening. :roll:

MacBone

Scholar
Volourn, if dagorkan had personally threatened or slandered you, maybe your response would have been warranted, but he didn't. You're entitled to your opinion, and he's entitled to his.

Edit - dagorkan, you just had to prove Volly's point, didn't you?

dagorkan

Arbiter
Volourn said:
"Crafting isn't meant to be a fun part of the gameply"

Type for yourself, you big fuckin' piece of shit. Crafting is meant to be fun, and can be if done right. So.. fuck off.

Hey moron, it's only fun if you're a complete loser. Go playing your fucking lego that entertains you but don't argue it should be part of RPGs. OK, give me one good game where 'crafting' is 'fun' and serves no purpose and I'll let you off.

Vault Dweller said:
Volourn said:
The fellow started it by posting bullshit, and I called him on it. That's the Codex way.
The fellow had an opinion. You disagree? You debate it. This is the Codex way. Calling him "you big fuckin' piece of shit" because your opinion is different, isn't.

Let him say what he wants. He's a rabid little moron but don't drop to his level and turn yourself into an idiot too.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Hey moron, it's only fun if you're a complete loser. Go playing your fucking lego that entertains you but don't argue it should be part of RPGs."

For fucks akes. I love you. I love you big time.

" OK, give me one good game where 'crafting' is 'fun' and serves no purpose and I'll let you off"

No problem. NWN, NWN2, BG2, Arcanum (how can anyone argue that creating that big ass spider wans't fun?), and the list can go on.

Case closed.

"Let him say what he wants. He's a rabid little moron but don't drop to his level and turn yourself into an idiot too."

Fight the power! Be careful though, VD will ban you to because he likes you and he gets mad if people he likes don't like him back.

"Edit - dagorkan, you just had to prove Volly's point, didn't you?"

Nothingw rong with Volly knowing what he is posting.

"You're entitled to your opinion, and he's entitled to his."

I never claimed he wans't entitled to his opinion. In fact, I welcome his opinion. i just disagree with it. *shrug*

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
dagorkan said:
Let him say what he wants. He's a rabid little moron but don't rise to his level and turn yourself into an idiot too.

Fixed.

Everybody can go lower, they can even hit rock bottom, I've seen it. Some peope have even commited suicide. Yet none of those people are anything like Volourn. Ergo, Volourn must be higher than us all, unreachable, unattainable. Doesn't mean he can't be an idiot though.

:honourblade:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Doesn't mean he can't be an idiot though."

This can be true. :D

Kingston said:
dagorkan said:
Let him say what he wants. He's a rabid little moron but don't rise to his level and turn yourself into an idiot too.

Fixed.

Everybody can go lower, they can even hit rock bottom, I've seen it. Some peope have even commited suicide. Yet none of those people are anything like Volourn. Ergo, Volourn must be higher than us all, unreachable, unattainable. Doesn't mean he can't be an idiot though.

Best Volourn-comment since The Dumbfuckening.

franc kaos

Liturgist
Admiral jimbob said:
franc kaos said:
(currently getting into Gothic3 - anyone know what a grey endurance bar means?

Drink one of those disease potions.

Thanks. I'm actually enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would, only four or fives hours in but I'm dragging a guy around from the second town and killing the wolves (which I'd read was hard) is a real joy - just learning if all those key/sword strokes do anything different at the moment. Just got my first Orc KO and loved the grudging respect I got from him afterward.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
franc kaos said:
Admiral jimbob said:
franc kaos said:
(currently getting into Gothic3 - anyone know what a grey endurance bar means?

Drink one of those disease potions.

Thanks. I'm actually enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would, only four or fives hours in but I'm dragging a guy around from the second town and killing the wolves (which I'd read was hard) is a real joy - just learning if all those key/sword strokes do anything different at the moment. Just got my first Orc KO and loved the grudging respect I got from him afterward.

Four or five hours? Damn, I spent around seventeen with a grey endurance bar before I remembered that it wasn't that colour to begin with.

You know, they're developing an "equip the ring"-fad about this question over at the official forums.

Where DID equip the ring start out, anyway?

....Anyway, back on topic....

This entire expansion just sounds so "not right". I don't know but somehow It feels like the wrong choice to continue the game.

Madness country?
So, if everyone crazy and mad, how about some very stupid looking armors and wood-swords then?

Or spells, "fortify stupidity for 20 points on self, drain body fluids for 60 on touch"

I mean, I expect people coming to choke me with their underwear or have a water bucket on their head, instead of a helmet.

If they don't do these things, then it's not really the madness. If they do it, then I am still not interested.

I would have rather seen another province - if not completely included- but somewhat introduced. Like Akaviri or the Hammerfell or prequel to the main game. I might have checked it out then, even though it would mostly depended by Its price.

Anyway, how much do you think this gonna cost?
$29.99? $39.99? $19.99 ? $9.99(yeah right) . If it's the first 2, I wouldn't get it, no matter how "cool" is this expansion or what's in it. I'd rather buy another game or rent a movie and a 12 pack of Molson Ice and maybe have some left over money for a pizza.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Admiral jimbob said:
I heard it was one of the Arcanum quests or something, but can't recall specifics.

Oh, come on guys, surely it's from "The Hobbit" circa 1983. A text based adventure game, with the occasional (slowly) drawn graphics, that was published by Melbourne House. My introduction to Tolkien in fact... :D

EDIT: I've just recalled a webpage which allowed you to play it online as some flash game or some such, but I've lost the link (or I was high) - anyone help me out here. Maybe GGP? ;)

EDIT AGAIN: YAY, found it... check this out!! http://www.spectrum.lovely.net/Hobbit.html Now I wonder if I still have that hint book from when I was 11?

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Code:
You attack the hideous troll.
But the effort is wasted, his defence is too strong.
The hideous troll attacks you.
With one well placed blow the hideous troll cleaves your skull.
You are dead.
You have mastered 2.5% of this adventure.

:(

Fez

Erudite
I've still got the hint book. I've got the LOTR games on tape too.

Durwyn

Prophet
Kingston said:
Code:
You attack the hideous troll.
But the effort is wasted, his defence is too strong.
The hideous troll attacks you.
With one well placed blow the hideous troll cleaves your skull.
You are dead.
You have mastered 2.5% of this adventure.

:(
Heh. The same, but I've been eaten by troll. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom