Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should Bloodlines 2 be a Soulslike?

Skdursh

Savant
I love the Souls family of games, but no. It should be a first-person action RPG and they should scrap the jank forced 3rd-person melee of the OG (plenty of games have proven that first-person melee is viable; Zeno Clash immediately comes to mind).

Though it doesn't really matter anyway, because I don't have much faith in the development of Bloodlines 2 turning out well regardless of what combat ethos they decide to pursue because 1. modern White Wolf has a hardon for WOKE&COPE and 2. the people who've been in charge of BL2 and the staff working on it so far have almost exclusively been comprised of cursed shambling mounds of flesh lazily molded to portray a meek approximation of humanity, by which I mean to say that most modern Western AAA game development is plagued by people who can't math, don't code and think that spending all of their time retweeting "disabled", fat, brown, gay, trans, pedophile, drug addicts is a qualification.

Codex Year of the Donut
I love the Souls family of games, but no. It should be a first-person action RPG and they should scrap the jank forced 3rd-person melee of the OG (plenty of games have proven that first-person melee is viable; Zeno Clash immediately comes to mind).
I exclusively played it in third person, was there an option to play it in first?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I found them to be fine. In fact, I liked them more than Mass Effect 1/2 or Human Revolution, so I am not sure what do you mean that they "solved the rpg shooter problem". What problem?

The problem that those games weren't considered fun to play by the vast majority of people who played them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom