Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

should morrowind gwt a second chance?

morrowind 2?

• sure dude!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HELL NO!

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Afaik storywise the games are exactly the same.

AZ

Liturgist
NeverwinterKnight said:
question since i havent played it yet.

which one is better:
-morrowind for pc
-morrowind for xbox

if your answer is "they both suck", no need. im just asking which of the two versions is considered better.

PC version is better, there are millions of mods to customize your game.
Just to mention, combat in morrowind really suck, and even mods can't help.

Gwendo

Augur
PC version is better. Besides the editor and the plugins, it has a better performance and graphics (in nowaday's PC's).

Still... Morrowind sucks.

JA2Fanatic

Novice
hmmm

i think there wont be a morrowind 2 but there will be a "Elder Scrolls4 oblivion"
"Elder Scrolls3 Morrowind" dont get a successor i think...

i liked morrowind
and oblivion looks interesting...

Screaming_life

Liturgist
Morrowind is good in some aspects like exploration, big world, freedom of movement etc.

But the immersion all this creates is destroyed by the blandness of the characters... they are so boring.

Also it's way too easy to power play.

Hopefully Morrowind the 2nd will correct these! ;)

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
at full price, perhaps not. but at discount price (i believe its $19.99 now) is morrowind worth the purchase?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
NeverwinterKnight said:
at full price, perhaps not. but at discount price (i believe its $19.99 now) is morrowind worth the purchase?

I would say no, as you can find it much cheaper than that I would have thought.

Down here in NZ you can buy it as a budget title for $9.95. And thats NZ dollars, so that would make it about $7 in yankee dollars.
And for that price, yes, its worth it.

The same line of budget re-issues (called Big Byte - go to http://www.red-ant.com.au ) includes the likes of Sea Dogs, Battle Realms (a reasonably good rts), Thief 1 and 2, and many other crap-to-excellent titles.
Despite the Aussie dollar being slightly strionger than our one, the Aussie price is exactly the same. Some reasonably good bargains there...

Stark

Liturgist
NeverwinterKnight said:

just offering an alternate view: it's worth it. you'll most likely end up playing more than 20 hours and that's less than $1 investment per-hour. Chances are, you'll play more than 40 hours before getting bored with the dull npc and combat. That's, basing on a conservative estimate, mere 50 cents per-hour of entertainment.

the huge selection of free mods that improve visual quality of the game and additional quests make it an even more worthwhile purchase.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
If only we'll get a better npc dialogue system and more varied wildlife AI I'm happy. Morrowind had a neat world to explore, some fun quests and a shitload of little nooks and crannies to find, I loved it! It's main drawback for me was that Morrowind was like that movie birds in which the entire animal population went berserk. Frightening, that every rat, scrub, whatever seemed hell bent on my extermination. Guess Darwin would have had a field day. :D Gothic 2 is a shitload better because of a more life like gameing world.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Trash said:
It's main drawback for me was that Morrowind was like that movie birds in which the entire animal population went berserk.

Yes, I thought that was a little strange also. I can't think of an animal that didn't attack me whenever it saw me, a little more realism (i.e. small buggers running away due to being spooked) would have been better.

There are some great mods for it. And many improve the OC. I used the Marksman mod, it made bows and arrows that much better for those who were more into stealth n stuff rather than confrontational hack n slash.

WormGod

Novice
I spotted a Collector's Edition at Best Buy this past weekend. Very rare find these days. They must have found it hidden in the back or something. Anyways, it was marked down to $29.99USD. Good luck on finding one of these now.

Ellester

Liturgist
I agree with Stark. It’s fun for a while and you’ll get your money’s worth, if it’s at budget price. You won’t mind going through a dungeon or two, and a cave or two, and a couple of cities. You’ll even enjoy the first cliff racer. But, then monotony will set in and you’ll find that there are very few NPC’s that have a personality, cliff racers seem to be only 1 of 10 monsters you can fight in the game, almost every single NPC is bland, and all the caves and dungeons are exactly the same. But you should have some fun before the monotony kicks in.

Btw, I sold my Collector’s Edition on eBay for around $50 a few months ago. I was pretty happy getting my money back

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Though I haven't touched the Xbox version I can all but guarentee a better PC version. Load times are the bane of consols, I do decree. Plus, the PC version can be modded. I also highly recommend getting your hands on at least one of the expansions (Bloodmoon preferably), since it vastly improves the journal.

The game can be monotonous, but with the RPG market so slim, its a pretty good buy at a discount.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom