Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Maybe I should say that after my copy finally arrived I didn't get much out of AC.

I liked how the SF background was done, but actions and units felt meaningless and shallow. I particularly didn't like how the game rushed through the technology tree, and everything progressed too fast. I enjoyed Civ1 and Colonization many many years ago, but maybe I played too many other games in the mean time, that I can't get involved in something like that any more. Take this as a warning to other newcomers that AC doesn't come with an absolute guarantee for satisfaction.

I didn't find it bad, just not as good as advertised by some ppl.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
care to give some examples of other 4x games that are supposedly so much better then AC and the Civ series? (im honestly interested)

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
You know yourself that not that many 4x games were made. From those I would rank MOO 2 and GalCiv 2 highest.

Maybe I don't like classic 4x formulas any more, and that I didn't like AC could be due to jadedness. But honestly - and I know this makes me some kind of imbecile in your eyes - as a strategy game AC might be overrated. As I was excited about the SF background as everyone else, but it didn't completely make up for the gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom