Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I liked BE but the lack of content and questionable design decisions didn't offer much playtime.

Lagi

Augur
i want to continue my last BE (+codex) game, but i was bored. I thought maybe my dopamine receptors are fried or im just tired.

I installed Alpha Centauri and .. oh boy.. i was hooked. It is still the best 4x game (i just install gog version no mods). Quality of writing is shown from the very start with leader selection:
fS9B2Cf.png

each faction quote has this "punch line" ... like "but it was never the streets that were evil" ... stuff that makes you emotionally involved in the game.

AC combat units are great. By creating your own unit, there are hundreds of combination. And as i learn its often beneficial to build the weaker one, because they are produce faster, and they still demolish terrain upgrades or capture cities as good as your 6-3-2 units. And there is still a multiple of skills to add on top of that.
cHG7W5P.png

AND lastly, the water gameplay is not dumb down!!! all the naval units are as complex as land one. And there is no free boats. You need to build transports.

Ai is good enough to do naval landing at the back of my border.
In BE after playing for few hours i only encounter single scouts of enemy faction. I didn't crush other factions because the GOOD DAMN bugs was on the way (I love that bugs keeps me busy in BE, otherwise it would be more boring).

User Interface in AC is dated, but honestly i find it better than Beyond Earths. When i build structures in cities, i select big squares instead of tiny lines.
klWI9Yk.png

AC with random technological advances make tech trading interesting. While in BE I just click tech that i need to make a new terrain upgrade.
And the terrain upgrades seems more plausible (boreholes, aquifer). BE upgrades feel like magic-fantasy, just with laser guns.

Diplomacy with other faction in AC is great! I love all the lines that other leaders have. While in BE makes you look for the 'go away' button.
cF9IshN.png

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Firaxis are incapable of that level of writing, or investment into the game. AC was written by someone who can hold more than one idea in their head at a time.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
i want to continue my last BE (+codex) game, but i was bored. I thought maybe my dopamine receptors are fried or im just tired.

I installed Alpha Centauri and .. oh boy.. i was hooked. It is still the best 4x game (i just install gog version no mods). Quality of writing is shown from the very start with leader selection:
fS9B2Cf.png

each faction quote has this "punch line" ... like "but it was never the streets that were evil" ... stuff that makes you emotionally involved in the game.

AC combat units are great. By creating your own unit, there are hundreds of combination. And as i learn its often beneficial to build the weaker one, because they are produce faster, and they still demolish terrain upgrades or capture cities as good as your 6-3-2 units. And there is still a multiple of skills to add on top of that.
cHG7W5P.png

AND lastly, the water gameplay is not dumb down!!! all the naval units are as complex as land one. And there is no free boats. You need to build transports.

Ai is good enough to do naval landing at the back of my border.
In BE after playing for few hours i only encounter single scouts of enemy faction. I didn't crush other factions because the GOOD DAMN bugs was on the way (I love that bugs keeps me busy in BE, otherwise it would be more boring).

User Interface in AC is dated, but honestly i find it better than Beyond Earths. When i build structures in cities, i select big squares instead of tiny lines.
klWI9Yk.png

AC with random technological advances make tech trading interesting. While in BE I just click tech that i need to make a new terrain upgrade.
And the terrain upgrades seems more plausible (boreholes, aquifer). BE upgrades feel like magic-fantasy, just with laser guns.

Diplomacy with other faction in AC is great! I love all the lines that other leaders have. While in BE makes you look for the 'go away' button.
cF9IshN.png
There were never free boats... until the woketards got involved. The woketards getting involved is why there is no Civ beyond Civ4. All others the woketards call Civ is reskinned Warlocks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom