Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Silverfall newspost!

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Mwahaa Terminator (the Austrian kind) Cyderdemon Space Marine is after you

IronHandsterminator.jpg

Rustdragon

Novice
Does anyone else think these Space Marine pictures look like they were drawn by an 8 year old?
As for the elf... :P

obediah

Erudite
fizzelopeguss said:
SlavemasterT said:
Tzeentch could kick Slaanesh's ass. So could Nurgle. And obviously Khorne, too. Actually, the inclusion of Slaanesh as any sort of military power was always pretty idiotic, as far as I was concerned. I've never been able to really suspend my disbelief enough to accept that an army full of hedonists could ever compete with, well, anyone else. The claim that they "love" the thrill of battle never cut it.

40k is idiotic anyhow, just look at the tanks. WHFB is little better.

If you pick and choose, WH fantasy is a downright awesome gaming world. Chop out the rainbow wizard shit, helicopters and other shit added presumably to spice up WHFB.

SlavemasterT:

The chaos division is fine - it's the wargame based around it that has to support balanced point-based matches that messes everything up. It's easy to imagine the different ways each of the chaos powers might try to spread corruption - say slannesh by seducing a town elder, nurgle by poisoning the food, etc...

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
obediah said:
fizzelopeguss said:
SlavemasterT said:
Tzeentch could kick Slaanesh's ass. So could Nurgle. And obviously Khorne, too. Actually, the inclusion of Slaanesh as any sort of military power was always pretty idiotic, as far as I was concerned. I've never been able to really suspend my disbelief enough to accept that an army full of hedonists could ever compete with, well, anyone else. The claim that they "love" the thrill of battle never cut it.

40k is idiotic anyhow, just look at the tanks. WHFB is little better.

If you pick and choose, WH fantasy is a downright awesome gaming world. Chop out the rainbow wizard shit, helicopters and other shit added presumably to spice up WHFB.

SlavemasterT:

The chaos division is fine - it's the wargame based around it that has to support balanced point-based matches that messes everything up. It's easy to imagine the different ways each of the chaos powers might try to spread corruption - say slannesh by seducing a town elder, nurgle by poisoning the food, etc...

Have you read liber chaotica? Most of the empire nobles worship slaanesh in one form or another, and many don't neccessarilly know it.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Is Silverfall out already in Europe? If so, any of the savages on this board play it yet? It's too bad you guys seem to get all the good stuff like The Fall or Silverfall first.*snicker*

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Does anyone else think these Space Marine pictures look like they were drawn by an 8 year old?
Let's see you do better. I think they look pretty cool.
Most of the empire nobles worship slaanesh in one form or another, and many don't neccessarilly know it.
Slaanesh is desire. He's said to be the youngest god, probably to reflect our kind of modern society (at least in the West) where what feels good is usually the most attractive option. If I remember correctly the Eldar gave birth to him by being all orgytastic.

These guys are the ones I use in my Chaos army:
Deathguard.jpg

Though that's the old 3rd edition version. Also, I think they have a good paint scheme pre-heresy as well:
Deathguard-ph.jpg

aries202

Erudite
I've actualy played the demo in French.

The gameplay is hack&slash, yes...

But somehow the game(devs.) happens to shell out a fantastic backstory and innovative & creative quests,
imo.

I wasn't very happy with me taking Frencj in College...
However, having learned French means that Iøm able to understand about 80% of the game text which is in French...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
aries202 said:
But somehow the game(devs.) happens to shell out a fantastic backstory and innovative & creative quests, imo.
Examples, please.

You can tell how much gamers can't wait for the release of Silverfall by looking at the massive amount of activity on their forums.

It's basically the same four or five people answering each other's questions about the game.

suibhne

Erudite
It's only 'cause you can't see the international forums. That's where the partay is, man.

Vandal

Novice
Thanks for the post, VD :)
Always glad to bring joy to the codex. But yeah, you guys are right -- the game really isn't on too many people's radars yet, and the relative lack of submitted questions is indicative of that. We should have an English demo early next year, so you'll get a chance to see what it's all about then.

Oh... and one more thing, VD: when do I get to stop being an "ex-BioWare hypemaster"? I haven't worked there in like a year and a half.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
When you hype a game that outsells the games you hyped for BIO. :D

I dunno. I nguess.

I think youa re doing a greta job for this game. The b00bies alone make me wanna to play it, and the other parts are pretty intriguing. And, now that the Codex is hyping your game like they did with Obsidian, youa re sure to sell at least hundreds of thousandsw of copies at a minimum.

Is it coming to stores or just online? If, in stores, you got my moolah! It can't be more actiony than Gothic 3 is. That's for darn sure! :shock:

Zlaja

Arcane
It seems to me you got influenced by some crappy japanese adventure games when it comes to the graphics. I sincerely hope the gameplay aspect of the game is gonna be a bit more appealing than it's graphical style.

Vandal

Novice
Well, I have to admit that I just started working on the title about a month ago... and the artwork you've seen is really more a product of marketing (not my job) than PR (my job).

Yes, Volourn, the game will be released at retail.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Zlaja said:
It seems to me you got influenced by some crappy japanese adventure games when it comes to the graphics. I sincerely hope the gameplay aspect of the game is gonna be a bit more appealing than it's graphical style.
Real adventure games are for computers and the japanese don't own computers.

suibhne

Erudite
I actually like the graphic style, and animations look good from what little I've seen. Cel-shading often looks jarring in screenshots, but it can end up working beautifully in-game once you're up and running.

Whether I like the rest of this game is another question entirely, of course. :wink:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Vandal said:
Thanks for the post, VD :)
Always a pleasure.

Oh... and one more thing, VD: when do I get to stop being an "ex-BioWare hypemaster"? I haven't worked there in like a year and a half.
That's why it says EX-bioware hypemaster. As for when, that's really up to you. Do something amazingly awesome and I'll update the title. I mean, calling you a "Silverfall PR genius" would sound kinda insulting, don't you think?

I always tell my kids stories of the great Tom Ohle who walked one day into the medical offices of Bioware and said to the good doctors: Fuck that shit! Let's make and sell video games!" So, as you can see, you have quite a reputation here.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
Demo Preview:

The controls are loose.

The collision detection is weak.

I can't read French.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom