Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Silverfall prehype at RPG Watch

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Silverfall

There's a <A href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=23&ref=0&id=125">preview</a> of <a href="http://www.silverfall-game.com">Silverfall</a> over at <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPG Watch</a>. There's the inevitable <a href="http://www.blizzard.net/diablo">Diablo</a> comparason, setting talk, inventory, and things on the character system:
<br>
<blockquote>You don't choose a class or other characteristics while creating your character - instead you shape your character by assigning skill points and attribute points as you gain levels. This system is similar to the ones used in games such as Sacred, where you allocate skill points in various parts of a tree structure - but this game doesn't ever force you to pick a path. This is a great feature - even though most players are likely to chose a single archetype such as make or fighter or archer to pursue. The depth of the skill system is another attraction - there are sub-paths within magic and fighting and 'other' skills that allow you to specialize and become a master of Air Magic, for example. Each rank assigned to a skill produces a real and measurable effect that you can carry immediately into battle.</blockquote>
<br>
The nice thing about a build-your-own-class skills system is you can follow <i>your</i> idea of a warrior versus being forced in to the mold of someone else's idea of one. So, you're still following archetypical characters, sure, but it's a tailored one.
<br>
<br>
Anyone tried the demo yet?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Saint_Proverbius said:
Anyone tried the demo yet?

Yep! Didn't play long, because I usually don't play demos for long, because I will buy the game anyway.

Good points:
- Cel Shading gives unique look
- free skilling
- more freedom than TITAN QUEST / DUNGEON SIEGE
- interesting variety of weapons
- good music

Bad points:
- demo not performance optimized, ran quite slow on medium/high settings on my rig
- camera movements lags a bit
- bad mini map
- mediocre sound effects

I still have this one preordered. That's a good thing, you know...

Rina

Scholar
I had the demo installed for something like 30 minutes. I came to conclusion that it is probably best diablo-clone I have played, but it was still stupid shit. :?

Ladonna

Arcane
I had the demo installed for something like 30 minutes. I came to conclusion that it is probably best diablo-clone I have played, but it was still stupid shit.

+1

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
1.5 GB + download sites, with gold premium advanced total access superior subscription bullshit = No

Too bad actually, it sounds like the game isn't a piece of shit afterall.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I snagged it from Gamer's Hell, which allows non-silly downloading of demos and such. I just haven't gotten a chance to try it yet.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Rina said:
I had the demo installed for something like 30 minutes. I came to conclusion that it is probably best diablo-clone I have played, but it was still stupid shit. :?

Ignorance is bliss.. wait, eh - not!

@elhoim

yeah like on the cover of that other Steampunk game called ARCANUM!

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
@Brennus
Could you be less of an arrogant fuck plz?

By the way, there are no elf boobs on Arcanum's cover, just a giant head.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
@elhoim

What, this one?

I´m sorry, but I can´t see her boobies... :(

This one is much better! :D

Definitely not like that other steampunk game called ARCANUM... :roll:

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
Got the damn demo. Well, it sure looks pretty good. I like the somewhat original art direction and the well done animations. The environments are very atmospheric, too. Gameplay is smooth and mostly involving, but nothing spectacular. They seem to go for enemy quality, not quantity. The interface doesn't seem to have any major flaws, but the inventory screen could have used some extra effort in terms of visuals and handling.

The game ran okay on my mediocre machine, even though you can't adjust the visual settings in the demo. Loading times were fucking terrible, though.
Oh, and you can play as a goblin, which compensates for the outrageous lack of dwarves.

Overall, the demo was surprisingly good, but nothing breathtaking. I'll wait for the reviews.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Elhoim said:
Definitely not like that other steampunk game called ARCANUM...

Oh, guys don't get ridculous!

Open your ARCANUM manual

Appendix 2 (peoples, races and species), chapter 3 (the mid high species: orcs, elves, human and half-humans), subsection "elf", bottom of page. (p. 133 in German edition).

BOOBIES!

Besides: On the cover is an elven chick whose face has a resemblence to the SIVLERFALL one.

P.S. : I'm no arrogant fuck, but I try to be as defensive as others are full of s*ht in this hatful place that is the codex.

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
Brennus said:
Appendix 2 (peoples, races and species), chapter 3 (the mid high species: orcs, elves, human and half-humans), subsection "elf", bottom of page. (p. 133 in German edition).
Yeah, how could we have possibly missed this...

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Uz0rnaem said:
Brennus said:
Yeah, how could we have possibly missed this...

Do you know your CRPGs or don't you? :D

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
Probably better than you know your original statements:

Brennus said:

You filthy little liar, you..

Amasius

Augur
Sir_Brennus said:
Open your ARCANUM manual

BOOBIES!
Not exactly the cover, eh? And you missed the point - nobody here is against boobies, but they shouldn't be used to sell crappy games to the infantiles.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Amasius said:
And you missed the point - nobody here is against boobies, but they shouldn't be used to sell crappy games to the infantiles.

Actually they should be used excessively inside the game, and not on the cover. And not covered by clothes.

And, btw, rape would also be a good additional RP choice.

Amasius

Augur
JarlFrank said:
Amasius said:
And you missed the point - nobody here is against boobies, but they shouldn't be used to sell crappy games to the infantiles.

Actually they should be used excessively inside the game, and not on the cover. And not covered by clothes.

And, btw, rape would also be a good additional RP choice.
:roll:

Texas Red

Whiner
Am I the only one who wants to stick his dick between the boobs of that elf and chest fuck her? I guess I have been affected by the marketing art.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
The Walkin' Dude said:
Am I the only one who wants to stick his dick between the boobs of that elf and chest fuck her? I guess I have been affected by the marketing art.
Yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom