Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline SimCell, a game about understanding cellular mechanics

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by sexbad?, Nov 15, 2013.

1. sexbad? Arcane Patron

sexbad?
    Codex USB, 2014

From the website:
    It's being made by Strange Loop Games, who previously made Vessel, which I just love to gush on and on about. It seems the team's goal with this one is to be educational, which carries the implication that it may be for a younger audience, but they're very focused on using interaction between systems to create interesting and emergent situations. I'm hoping it goes so far that you get to end up managing most or all of a cell's operations over time, or maybe allows you to play with different kinds of cells in different organisms.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Sodafish Arcane

Sodafish
    Looks cool. I approve of getting kids into this stuff :thumbsup:

^ Top  
  3. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I was desperately wishing this would be some Maxis title I hadn't heard of or something.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. sexbad? Arcane Patron

sexbad?
    Codex USB, 2014
    Yes, it being a sort of management simulation was one of my first hopes, but this looks interesting in its own way. I am kind of hopeful that managing multiple cell functions at a time will be a main feature, though.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.