Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Since DU is recoding the site from scratch...

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I thought I'd make a formal suggestion thread for things DU can do while recoding the site. Before when things have been suggested, a reply often consisted of something like "that's too much work since I'd have to recode a lot of things." Well, he's recoding pretty much everything now from what I can tell, so now's a good time to suggest things if they won't require too much extra time.

Anyway he'd said it would take a couple of months. Here's a few things I've thought of:

-Better search system. Obviously a lot of people want this. In reality, I think all we really need is a "Search for Topic Title" option. It's what most people remember when searching for a thread anyway. That alone would make it so much better.

-Ability to select every tenth page in long threads.

-Bigger text box when typing posts.

-Ability to hide/ignore indivual posts rather than ignoring a user for one or two spam posts. Maybe we wouldn't have such retardedly high ignore counts this way.

-Ability to quote posts in locked threads just to get the formatting in order to quote in other threads.

-HTML working again?

Data4

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:
-Ability to hide/ignore indivual posts rather than ignoring a user for one or two spam posts. Maybe we wouldn't have such retardedly high ignore counts this way.

We have retardedly high ignore counts because of retardedly retarded posters.

Also, butthurt detected. :M

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Oh, you think I give a shit about the twelve or so people ignoring me? If people really want to handicap themselves in such a way that's their business.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Dicksmoker said:
[...] Snip [...]

He's not recoding the site from scratch, as far as I know. He's going to install a new Forum Software and migrate the old data. The thing that's going to be refactored / coded from scratch is the game / company / people database.

But I could be wrong.

Edit: Typos.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Maybe you're retarded and didn't see your initial comment. Even more retarded if you thought you could get a pass. Maybe you should go fuck yourself.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Dicksmoker said:
Maybe you're retarded and didn't see your initial comment.
Why wouldn't I see a comment that I did?

Dicksmoker said:
Even more retarded if you thought you could get a pass.
A pass? I admitted I could be wrong. Dumbfuck.

Dicksmoker said:
Maybe you should go fuck yourself.
Nope.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Wow, either you're utterly clueless or trolling. You call me and my post retarded, while simultaneously admitting that you could be wrong about the reason. Then I call you out on your bullshit and you act like somehow I'm the one out of line. So again: go fuck yourself.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Dicksmoker said:
Wow, either you're utterly clueless or trolling.
Neither.
Dicksmoker said:
You call me and my post retarded, while simultaneously admitting that you could be wrong about the reason.
Huh? I never called either your post or yourself retarded. Are you paranoid?
Dicksmoker said:
Then I call you out on your bullshit and you act like somehow I'm the one out of line.
Yes, you are out of the line.
Dicksmoker said:
So again: go fuck yourself.
Nah.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Taluntain said:
For the record, Kosmo's right.
Then what did DU mean when he said this:

DarkUnderlord said:
At the moment there is The Final Solution™ we're working on which can best be surmised as optimising a bunch of database queries. We're hopeful that this will solve 90% of our problems for now and keep us going for a long time to come. The server needs a few extra features first though and we're still waiting on the upgrade for that (we were concerned the upgrade would knock some of the sites on this server out so we've had to check a bunch of stuff and cross our fingers a bit) - and even after the upgrade it's still going to take me some time (months?) to complete, as it effectively requires me to re-write everything. And I mean everything.

EDIT: Oh, and for the record: Kosmonaut's original quote of me said "retarded ramblings from a retarded poster," which he later changed to "[...] Snip [...]." That's some typo.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
For the record, Taluntain is right about Kosmo being right.

Although it is a little more than just the game / company / people databases. It also includes the news and content systems and parts of the gallery.

The forums will actually lose some features too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom