Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Ate My Dog :(

Gregz

Arcane
MISSING:

Irish Wolfhound. Answers to the name of Vigilance. Reward offered.

5778775_f520.jpg

Vigilance is a canine companion that can be found most of his days at the Markarth Stables. Once there, you will see a guy named Banning. Talk to him, and you will have the option to buy the dog for 500 gold. You can also ask a few questions about Vigilance.

So I did that, and was very happy with my new dog.

:love:

Then he just up and disappeared.

:rpgcodex:

If Vigilance is killed, Banning will not offer to sell another dog to you. Any attempt to resurrect Vigilance with a cheat code will resurrect the dog in the Neutral team and not as your companion. This means that Vigilance will return to Banning's side; however, he still will not offer to sell him back to you. (Confirmed on PC: Unpatched, and the problem may exist on other versions.)

No solution has been found as of yet to regain Vigilance once he has died.

I don't think he died, I always check that I have both companions after a battle (a habit I've developed after killing Lydia a few times). He appears to have glitched out somewhere while traveling (I have no idea where). I 'summoned' him using the console as described above, but I can no longer command him, and he won't follow me...he just wanders off...

Has anyone had this happen to them? Did you figure out how to get him back? I miss him. :(

Phelot

Arcane
Ugh. I don't know about you, but I'm done with dogs in that game. I was in one of the southern towns and got a quest to find some dog. Then I go out and this dog starts talking to me and asks that I follow it. WE FUCKING RAN HALF WAY ACROSS THE MAP AND THEN THE DOG RAN INTO A CAVE AND DISAPPEARED.

Yeah, no.

Oh yeah, off topic :D

Gregz

Arcane
the above said:
Ugh. I don't know about you, but I'm done with dogs in that game. I was in one of the southern towns and got a quest to find some dog. Then I go out and this dog starts talking to me and asks that I follow it. WE FUCKING RAN HALF WAY ACROSS THE MAP AND THEN THE DOG RAN INTO A CAVE AND DISAPPEARED.

Yeah, no.

Oh yeah, off topic :D

That particular quest dog, named Barbas, is an unbeatable (can't die) tank. So he's pretty awesome for that, but also annoying after a while because he pushes you and gets in the way a lot. The other companion dogs are better behaved, sit at a distance, bark less etc. I was really happy with Vigilance. *sniff* :(

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Get that Daedra Dog in Falkderp - he is talking to you and can't die, will constantly annoy you. :P

FakeEdit: Already mentionend. :rage:

Phelot

Arcane
Is he the one whose master gives you meat to try and lure him? The dog babbled about visiting a shrine and then started running off. It was fucking stupid. It ran into a cave and was gone.

Black Cat

Magister
Try to Fast Travel somewhere. When you lose your horse or companions that will spawn them next to you, as long as they are alive, in the destination. Maybe it works with doggies too.

Gregz

Arcane
the above said:
Is he the one whose master gives you meat to try and lure him? The dog babbled about visiting a shrine and then started running off. It was fucking stupid. It ran into a cave and was gone.

No, that dog is named Barbas, part of a quest.

Vigilance is sold by a guy who trains war dogs at Markarth Stables.

Black Cat said:
Try to Fast Travel somewhere. When you lose your horse or companions that will spawn them next to you, as long as they are alive, in the destination. Maybe it works with doggies too.

Tried it, no dice. Dog is still missing. :(

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
the above said:

You have to visit the shrine of Clavicus Vile..
One of the worst quests i have seen so far.
Clavicus Vile = facepalm.

Solution? He's fuckin' dead. FFS

Hey Gregz, try this. It's from Oblivion, but worth trying.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Conso ... BaseID_.23

Other applications: By clicking an NPC or creature and typing SetFactionRank FactionID #, you can add them to or remove them from the desired faction. There is a "Player Faction" that, when an NPC or creature is added to it, will cause a hostile NPC or creature to become friendly with the player.

Gregz

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:

Solution? He's fuckin' dead. FFS
He didn't die on me, he glitched out while switching zones somewhere.

Clockwork Knight said:
Hey Gregz, try this. It's from Oblivion, but worth trying.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Conso ... BaseID_.23

Other applications: By clicking an NPC or creature and typing SetFactionRank FactionID #, you can add them to or remove them from the desired faction. There is a "Player Faction" that, when an NPC or creature is added to it, will cause a hostile NPC or creature to become friendly with the player.

Yeah, I tried that last night but got syntax errors when trying to assign faction. I'll try again.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Ugh, that talking dog quest was so dumb. I like dogs and I don't even mind the idea of a talking dog, but if you absolutely HAVE to put a talking dog in your game, please don't make him act Danny DeVito.

Redeye

Arcane
Has anyone tried collecting the various quest NPCs into a train and using them as an army?

deuxhero

Arcane
And Morrowind liked to lose companions when leivtating. That's why every companion adds a telepathy item, Bethesda can't fucking code.

Edwin

Scholar
Get Meeko then(same as vigilance with a different name).You can find him near Meekos shack(though mortal dogs proved to be useless on higher levels for me because they die so often that its just not worth the trouble,I keep him in my solitude house,as long as you use the follow me/wait here commands once a week he will stay there and wont go back to his shack)
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Meeko

Barbas(the immortal dog) didnt disappear,he will be probably in the second level of that cave at the Shrine of Clavicus Vile in Haemar's Shame(you can pick him up again after talking with the daedric prince and accepting his quest).
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Barbas
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/A_Da ... est_Friend

Edwin

Scholar
cboyardee said:
Ugh, that talking dog quest was so dumb. I like dogs and I don't even mind the idea of a talking dog, but if you absolutely HAVE to put a talking dog in your game, please don't make him act Danny DeVito.

Barbas is not a dog just looks like a dog :)

"Hello? Hey! Pay attention! In your pack. The dog. I swear, you heroes aren't particularly quick on the uptake.... Good. Got your attention. I'm Barbas, the Hound of Clavicus Vile. Not that I've always been a hound, or always been called Barbas. I've also been a Redguard. For a while I was a scamp, making deals with Orcs. But, for now, I am His Hound, and I serve the Lord Clavicus. "

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You can find a free dog in the wild. Meeko's the name. I found a hut..with a dead man inside. I guess it must've been its previous owner.

Quite cute. Until I accidentally used my power swipe attack and killed Meeko. :(

Turjan

Arcane
cboyardee said:
Come on, this quest was some kind of fan service. Some people might remember Barbas from Redguard

RG_creature_ClavicusVile.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

My dog Uthgerd the Unbroken was very bad and got stuck in a narrow passageway in a dwemer ruin and wouldn't move out of the way when I gave her an order so I had to hit her with an axe until she died so I could leave.

REAL MEN PUT DOWN THEIR PETS WHEN THEY MUST

:'(

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
cboyardee said:
act Danny DeVito.

Aye, And one of the town guards' VA, acts Schwarzenegger.
Ah well, it's better then spending half your budget on, say, Liam Neeson.. for fuck sake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom