Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Skyrim Preview Extravaganza

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
And I bet the character still has no diagonal walking animation.

waywardOne

Arcane
Coyote said:
(Edit: Apparently they are implementing some environmental hazards, which is a small step forward.)
besides igniting a flammable liquid, they already had environmental hazards. i killed countless enemies by letting them trip their own traps or tossing a log to knock them over a cliff. unless they introduce some kind of trap-making skill, i don't think this will be anything more than a few obvious oil burning setups.

Coyote

Arcane
Ah, right, forgot about that. It's been a long time since I played Oblivion.

MCA
4. The menus are pure sex, basically. The crisp, floating text, tiered menus and full 3D renderings of every inventory item is light years ahead of the fugly boxes and fuzzy, endless lists of Oblivion and Fallout 3. Seriously: these may be the best-looking in-game menus in history.

19. The skills/perks system is presented as a vast, twinkling star field populated by stellar patterns in the shape of this world’s various gods. The idea is your character looks to the very heavens for inspiration and power, rather than to some out of game list of stats. As you pick a perk the chart slowly lights up. “You’re creating this custom constellation just drawn for you.” It’s epic, strange and beautiful, and it makes character-tailoring visually part of the game rather than a bunch of statistics strewn across the menu screen.

I'm... speechless.

17. There’s a real in-game economy. If, for any reason, you decide to destroy a local lumber mill, you’ll find it results in a shortage of wooden objects such as arrows in nearby shops. You probably shouldn’t destroy the lumber mill, then. Alternatively, you could chop some wood for the lumber mill, which will earn you a bit of cash.

100% sure that this is bullshit, misinterpreted by this cocksucking cockroach because he is unable to comprehend what he is told. Stuff like that just isn't Bethesda stuff. They don't operate on such a level while regarding game mechanics. And if it indeed is true, woe to the gamers because pretty sure, the implementation will be the most retarded thing.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Alec Meer said:
For a dragon, combat is debate. When it’s breathing fire at you, it’s talking at you in power-words, or Shouts. Your part in the discussion is to Shout back…

:o :lol:

4too

Arcane
Behold, The Mother Of All Mini-Games

Behold, The Mother Of All Mini-Games

… 6. For a dragon, combat is debate. When it’s breathing fire at you, it’s talking at you in power-words, or Shouts. Your part in the discussion is to Shout back…

My first thought, jumped to those pre internet vocabulary enhancers that injected a polysylbic panche into ones communication skills.

!!!Pow-ah W-a-rds!!1!

Then, I linked to what some call debate and others call bickering on any given forum in the web.

ROOOFLES!!!!

And then, naturally for me, I recalled George Carlin doing 'The Dozens”.

"You wanna play the dozens?/Well the dozens is a game/But the way I fuck your mother/Is a goddamned shame."

If all these journ-o's, the purveyors / conveyors of corporate publicity releases, can wildly gesticulate about a looming comercial product, well so can you, or me.

Consider a battle of power words that pales the sci-fi blue eyed druggies in Dune.

Consider the monster money milking enthrallment of 'Guitar Hero'.

Behold the becoming of the mini-game of all mini-games ….

*Rap-Rap, Dragon Slap!*(tm)

“Yo mama so fat needs a sock fo' each toe, / Yo mama so greasy sweats a tub of Crisco.”

Power words?

Dis'ing is ... Lucrative … , now there's a true power word.

4too

Andhaira

Arcane
They have added perks, which were not in any elder scrolls game before, so they have kinda deepened the system.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
AndhairaX said:
They have added perks, which were not in any elder scrolls game before, so they have kinda deepened the system.

Getting rid of Attributes is also sort of an incline since they were implemented horribly and were a fucking pain in the ass to level.

villain of the story said:
fugly boxes and fuzzy, endless lists

[...]

bunch of statistics strewn across the menu screen.

Why would this guy even bother playing rpgs, I wonder. It's like playing a racing game and bitching about how you have to arrive in first place to get the trophies.

17. There’s a real in-game economy. If, for any reason, you decide to destroy a local lumber mill, you’ll find it results in a shortage of wooden objects such as arrows in nearby shops. You probably shouldn’t destroy the lumber mill, then. Alternatively, you could chop some wood for the lumber mill, which will earn you a bit of cash.

100% sure that this is bullshit, misinterpreted by this cocksucking cockroach because he is unable to comprehend what he is told. Stuff like that just isn't Bethesda stuff. They don't operate on such a level while regarding game mechanics. And if it indeed is true, woe to the gamers because pretty sure, the implementation will be the most retarded thing.

That actually sounds pretty simple to implement. Like, there will be some buildings that affect the economy; if those are destroyed, the merchants nearby will have 20 arrows each available for buying instead of the regular 100. The woodchopping will probably be a minigame, like in Fable 2.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Clockwork Knight said:
That actually sounds pretty simple to implement. Like, there will be some buildings that affect the economy; if those are destroyed, the merchants nearby will have 20 arrows each available for buying instead of the regular 100. The woodchopping will probably be a minigame, like in Fable 2.
Probably not. They will probably have 0 arrows in the nearest town, but arrows will still be available in every other town in the world. We can hope they will increase in price in these other cities. But causing a shortage of lumbermills game-wide will not have any consequences on anyone but you, the player. Wood-related quests will still happen, bandits will still shoot copious supplies at you, and the falseness of this "real in-game economy" will be evident. That's my prediction. Completely cosmetic and limited to the player.

MCA
Clockwork Knight said:

There are so many things wrong with and missing in TES series that could be fixed or added very easily with simple solutions. Alas, it's not a question of complexity of design with Bethesda. Their design philosophy has been very dogmatic and short sighted regarding what constitutes a game and what a player should be able to do, and I would be genuinely surprised if they added anything of the sort, no matter how shit.

turul

Augur
gc051360 said:
The Giant Frostbite Spider, in motion, may well be one of the most frightening things I’ve ever seen.

What a fucking retard.

:smug:

Yes. You will be frightened..
DrEvil_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

and more..
whales-on-stilts1.jpg

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Clockwork Knight said:
fugly boxes and fuzzy, endless lists

[...]

bunch of statistics strewn across the menu screen.

Why would this guy even bother playing rpgs, I wonder. It's like playing a racing game and bitching about how you have to arrive in first place to get the trophies.
These hype-machine's don't even have personalities anymore....his preview of Elder Scrolls VI will feature the following line:

"No more of Skyrin's fugly constelations and fuzzy, endless animations..."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom