Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrimjob Info, fresh from Quakecon

Shannow said:
Considering that Zenimax has it's fingers in illegal arms deals (no joke)

ih2hw2.png

WDeranged

Educated
Surf Solar said:
Shannow said:
Considering that Zenimax has it's fingers in illegal arms deals (no joke) that's only to be expected.

What??? :lol:

hinesler.jpg

It's well known that Zenimax has been dealing arms, it's how they support their Nazi agenda.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
my bro/sis shannow raises an interesting allegation so I looked around a bit

The Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI) was a major international bank founded in 1972 by Agha Hasan Abedi, a Pakistani financier. The Bank was registered in Luxembourg with head offices in Karachi and London. Within a decade BCCI touched its peak. It operated in 78 countries, had over 400 branches, and had assets in excess of US$20 billion, making it the 7th largest private bank in the world by assets.

BCCI came under the scrutiny of numerous financial regulators and intelligence agencies in the 1980s due to concerns that it was poorly regulated. Subsequent investigations revealed that it was involved in massive money laundering and other financial crimes, and illegally gained controlling interest in a major American bank. BCCI became the focus of a massive regulatory battle in 1991 and on July 5 of that year customs and bank regulators in seven countries raided and locked down records of its branch offices.

Investigators in the U.S. and the UK revealed that BCCI had been "set up deliberately to avoid centralized regulatory review, and operated extensively in bank secrecy jurisdictions. Its affairs were extraordinarily complex. Its officers were sophisticated international bankers whose apparent objective was to keep their affairs secret, to commit fraud on a massive scale, and to avoid detection."
Robert A. Altman is the current chairman and CEO of ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks, LLC.

Altman is a lawyer. He became part of the company BCCI. During his time there he was accused of helping the business buy an American bank and lying to US regulators about it. In 1992, he was indicted for eight felony charges in New York. Altman maintained that he himself was duped by the bank. He was acquitted of all charges, though he did agree to be banned from banking to settle a civil suit by the Federal Reserve.

After leaving the practice of law, Altman became chairman and CEO of ZeniMax Media.
BCCI was not squeamish about dealing with disreputable clients. It frequently handled money for dictators such as Saddam Hussein, Manuel Noriega, Hussain Mohammad Ershad and Samuel Doe. Other account holders included the Medellin Cartel and Abu Nidal.

The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency held numerous accounts at BCCI, according to William von Raab, former U.S. Commissioner of Customs. Oliver North also used and held multiple accounts at BCCI. These bank accounts were used for a variety of illegal covert operations, including transfers of money and weapons related to the Iran-Contra scandal, according to Time Magazine. The CIA also worked with BCCI in arming and financing the Afghan mujahideen during the Afghan War against the Soviet Union, using BCCI to launder proceeds from trafficking heroin grown in the Pakistan-Afghanistan borderlands, boosting the flow of narcotics to European and U.S. markets.

The US intelligence agencies used BCCI to funnel drug money to Afghan Mujahideen in their fight against Soviet invasion and to insurgents such as Nicaraguan Contras.
BCC developed a strong corporate culture which it promoted consistently. In 1985 BCC's annual management conference was held on 2–3 March in Vienna. The closing remarks to the conference, entitled "God, providence, divinity, faith, BCC", are representative of BCC's corporate culture:

"We live each day in divinity, in the power and quality of divinity. It rains on us. We are enveloped by it. Divinity is the totality of the flux of energy. We are living all the time in the flux of energy which is loaded with God's qualities. We enhance the quality of our own existence by way of humility. When we live in humility, God's providence pours into us. It is the quality of our meaning that we receive God's divinity and providence. The ecology of BCC is God's ecology. God showers his infinite benevolence on us because we have the humility to receive it. The light of providence is our guiding light and the power of providence goes deep into our souls. Know the meaning of the power and the light that providence is, when it gets into our soul and starts illuminating it. Divinity is stronger in silence than when we speak. Words cannot do justice to what we are trying to express. We are left in power and in humility"

CRISPY I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY
NngZz.jpg

Shannow

Waster of Time
I posted that years ago in the best thread ever (part 2, I believe; though I can't take credit for finding it out). It's almost as if you guys don't read that :M

Fun fact rumor: The International is about the BCCI.

EDIT:
racofer said:
Crispy supports terrorism. And to think he had the guts of calling Andhaira one.
If Crispy lives in the US, pays taxes and is as old as he claims to be, he supports/supported terrorists and dictators anyway. I doubt he'll care.
Fun fact: If you have a private pension in Germany, chances are high you support the production and use of cluster bombs. Just sayin'.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
DraQ said:
Let me guess - so you can enjoy the superior precision AND responsiveness of superior gamepad, resulting in superior FPP experience.

- I knew there was a reason I get a hard on for you when I read your posts.

Beats me, TBH. I didn't think it was possible.
:smug:

-Found your error.

DraQ said:
DragoFireheart said:
Thankfully I plan on getting Skyrim on the superior Xbox360.
Let me guess - so you can enjoy the superior precision AND responsiveness of superior gamepad, resulting in superior FPP experience.

Why would you need a lot of precision and responsiveness for a hiking simulator? So you can enjoy the sunset more efficiently?

DraQ

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
DraQ said:
DragoFireheart said:
Thankfully I plan on getting Skyrim on the superior Xbox360.

Why would you need a lot of precision and responsiveness for a hiking simulator? So you can enjoy the sunset more efficiently?
Yes.
:obviously:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
how can you say you're roleplaying when you're not even enjoying as much of the sunset as possible

fucking casuals

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom