Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So I reinstalled ToEE and updated Co8

Antihero

Liturgist
GarfunkeL said:
All the cracks I can find are 33kb and have identical date. Lovely, so now I can choose between "Insert PLAY disc" or Co8.dll not actually working. IT USED TO WORK!
If there's one thing the GOG release taught me, it's that it probably doesn't much matter what ToEE NoCD crack you use since most of the game itself is in temple.dll, and installing the Co8 modpack should just replace temple.dll so you don't need to go hunt down the original version of it.

29 to 33 KB sounds about right for the EXE. If it's any help, the GOG ToEE.exe is the same as the "Hans Schulze" one on GCW and that's tiny. I take it you installed Atari patch 2 beforehand.

dolio said:
Jaesun said:
So basically, CO8 only supports cracked versions of ToEE?
No, my $10, 2cd jewel case version works fine with it.
As the forum post explains, it's just you need a ToEE.exe without the temple.dll bundled inside so the Co8 mod's can be used instead. It's either find another ToEE.exe or tell people they're SOL for buying that particular version. If it's a ToEE.exe with SecuROM, I don't see why it wouldn't work with Co8 - just would you want it (not really) and would it accept your CD (maybe, probably)? And better yet, where would you get it? Edit: Well, Atari patch 2 looks like it contains a non-bundled ToEE.exe, so if the copy-protection doesn't cause problems you could try that instead of a NoCD. I mean, you're supposed to patch up to second one anyway, so I'm curious if people still might need a NoCD from the trouble GarfunkeL was having.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom