Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Solasta: Crown of the Magister Lost Valley DLC Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Solasta: Crown of the Magister; Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Lost Valley; Tactical Adventures

The Lost Valley DLC for Solasta: Crown of the Magister was released yesterday. While the centerpiece of this release is the new campaign, the new features released alongside it may prove to be more important. With multiplayer support and new dialogue & quest scripting capabilities for its dungeon maker, Solasta might now be a viable replacement for the venerable Neverwinter Nights. Tactical Adventures have also thrown in a few bonus gameplay improvements, including a much-needed fix for the game's poorly balanced surprise mechanic. Anyway, here's the launch trailer. There were too many new features for Myzzrym to describe them all in the accompanying community video, so he chose to focus on the nine new subclasses included with the DLC.

The Lost Valley DLC is available on Steam and GOG for $13. The accompanying patch notes are available here. What next for Tactical Adventures, I wonder?

Lorebrok

Educated
A bunch of friends and myself bought the game trying it out cause we're (STILL) waiting for bg3 to coop. So after we heard the dlc brought a free that includes multiplayer even for the base game + its on sale right now, we just tried it out. Graphics in conversations or when zoomed in are not that beautiful but its still acceptable. When in combat or zoomed out, the game looks actually decent.

Cant say things about the dlc itself but the multiplayer worked for 8 hours without any problems. We had one desync where we had to reload the game. Save file is on host but everyone can save for themselves too. Can play the file solo or load it up on multiplayer. No hassle. Invite friends, select character/save game and go. Conversations have different"choices" where every player votes for an option. Its servicable. All in all I expected it to be extremely bad but it was all seamless and easy to set up.

It also feels and looks a bit like Neverwinter nights 2. (Motb excluded)

We will definitely finish this one, even if the game is rough around the edges.

Elex

Arbiter
Oh cool! Might be time to reinstall now that theres more content
The real content is in the workshop. The editor now is a real complete tool.

old classic D&D modules are starting to pop in the workshop, like:
“ Wink wink temple of evil “

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Co-op BG3?
You can have multiplayer sex in Baldur’s Gate 3
baldurs-gate-3-romance-580x334.jpg

Hmmm.... this site has that sex position diagram so that reddit post was surely mocking the other game. I don't know who to believe these days but more than likely it was for BG3.

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Who still uses Windows for gaming in 2022?
aPcIhHz.jpg

Apparently a shit ton of people

That is just Steam numbers which is indicative of 120 million active monthly Steam Users.
Actual numbers are much much higher as not everyone uses Steam actively for, say, Fortnite or WOW, or Minecraft.

As of 2021, North America accounted for over 106 million console gaming users, more than a 42 percent of global console gaming audiences

Looks like about 50/50 console/PC users.
PC is obviously superior of course, but little kids like consoles because Mommy and Daddy can buy it for them
Phone gamers are not worth mentioning because they are filthy casuals

Linux barely 1% :lol:

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron

yeaahhhh, how many other games have had workshops offering the promise of untold fan made scenarios?
I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 games where the fans EVER made anything decent

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

yeaahhhh, how many other games have had workshops offering the promise of untold fan made scenarios?
I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 games where the fans EVER made anything decent

Yeah but this is one of them: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...valley-dlc-thread.138703/page-91#post-7465461

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
For some reason I have that on ignore in my Steam list.
Most likely meant i downloaded and tried and was not impressed enough to play it.

Q

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2
Writing is banal and forgettable. But the real strength is combat which was super fun for me.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
By playing both Torments did you all find a meaning to "what's does one life matter?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom