Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Some Questions about The Witcher: EE

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Is the combat anywhere near combat in the movie and the books?
Is the physical Polish version worth getting?

m_s0

Arcane
I'm guessing that's why they decided to go along with that weird pseudo-QTE: to make it dynamic, as it was presented in the books. It's not. You click on the enemy, you get combat animations. You time the clicks better, you get more animations. That's it. As for how it compares with the movie, I can't say. I don't remember much aside from the fact that it was pretty laughable there.

Is the physical Polish version worth getting?
It depends. The first non-cheapo one came packed with a manual, Sapkowski's first Wiedzmin story and a guide. They're decent enough, the guide has maps, the short story is illustrated and all that crap. All b&w, though. Then there's the making of video (as PC as these things get from what I remember, but it's been some time since I've seen it), the score album, which is not bad, that piece of shit 'music inspired by the game' cd and the map - pretty nice, though it's stashed in the box with the game. And there's two stickers if you're into that sort of thing. I got my money's worth, but I got it mainly to avoid downloading and installing tons of data in order to patch it up to the EE. I can't comment on the contents of the new cheapo editions.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I'm guessing that's why they decided to go along with that weird pseudo-QTE: to make it dynamic, as it was presented in the books. It's not. You click on the enemy, you get combat animations. You time the clicks better, you get more animations. That's it. As for how it compares with the movie, I can't say. I don't remember much aside from the fact that it was pretty laughable there.
I mean stuff like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss9qMhwdgSA
Not many hits but lots of slaughtered people. Some tactics, dodging, etc.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom