Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Something is lacking (I'm a lurker and I lost my GD access!!)

Brainerdie

Novice
Oh my fucking dunderlord, it's like watching rats crawl out of a flooded ship or something. They emerge one by one, each with 0 posts prior to this thread, each whining and moaning that their hiding place was ruined. How many more of these are there? Why do they lurk in silence? Are these all different people or one insane guy with a bunch of never-posting alts? Why do they lurk in silence?!?!

NIGHT OF THE LURKER ALTS
You know, some people prefer simply reading the Codex and playing RPGs over playing Dragon Age: Inquisition and holding their neighbors' TVs for hours.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Or an equivalent amount of dollars, directly to Crispy, ofc.
Then his friend would remove your access and he'd keep your money.
Five whole posts? That's going to be a challenge. Since I got a PS4 back in 2016 I've only played From Software games exclusively, aside from The Witcher 3. The latest being Elden Ring which took about 8 months to finish, so now I have just been biding my time checking the random images thread until the DLC drops. Well until now, that is.
Join the From threads. They have discussion going right now.

Few ever believed me when I told them of strange beings lurking beyond our perception. Now these cosmic horrors have been forced to appear in a material form. This is just the beginning of dark times to come.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How was it negatively impacting the site or community?
Hiding uncomfortable topics in gaming drama was not effective enough if anyone that created an account over a year ago can see them.

Reasonable theory, but is it the real reason?
For shit 'n giggles and a remote chance to earn petty cash, is my theory.

The requirement of five posts isn't that effective, either.

akkar

Novice
Scraper bots scraping more than expecting.
Feds not paying for the GD data.
I always find it amusing how many people and how often they think this site is some sort of democracy.
I think is more of question "why now", what changed?
This is cruel there are some elder lurkers with 2002-2003 accounts who've never posted but still log on somewhat regularly.
As an introvert being force to participate is not something I expected.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Scraper bots scraping more than expecting.
Feds not paying for the GD data.
I always find it amusing how many people and how often they think this site is some sort of democracy.
I think is more of question "why now", what changed?
This is cruel there are some elder lurkers with 2002-2003 accounts who've never posted but still log on somewhat regularly.
As an introvert being force to participate is not something I expected.
You should have split those responses into three comments to maximise your post count

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Incidentally, why are these 3 accounts counted as staff members? Two of them have 0 posts and haven't logged in since 2013 (over ten years ago), and the third has 18 messages, last one also in 2013.

1706141998333.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom