Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul Calibur VI

A horse of course

The actual equipment and armour for customization is a bit limited. They'll almost certainly milk it with clothing packs and such.

Terra

Cipher
Speaking of character customisation, even the brilliant minds at RPS have been outdone with a creation that is sure to get the Codex's creative juices flowing.

NSFW

:bounce:

Most custom characters seem to be waifus or edgelords as usual, but there's a few gems already. Best one:

HngPgdb.jpg

Last edited:
The actual equipment and armour for customization is a bit limited. They'll almost certainly milk it with clothing packs and such.

There are a lot of missing items from SC4 and SC5, and apparently no unlockable gear to speak of. The system in place is actually a lot more restrictive than olders games since certain items (like tails and ears) are now tied to your character's race.

I'm liking the game but I'm a touch underwhelmed. Supers seem more obnoxious than they were in SC4 and SC5, no Cassandra and they threw out the Global Coloseum which was a pretty great lobby system. SC5 had full text chat in lobbies. I kind of wish supers were either removed from the game completely or cost 2 bars. Don't mind the Soul Charge stuff, though.

Suicidal

Arcane
NSFW maybe

I'm resisting the temptation to buy this game, make some sort of hideous abomination with its cock out and go troll people in multiplayer with my presence alone.

A horse of course

Any ideas on the best way to level XP in Libra of Souls? Seems like those exploration sidequests are a bit risky due to spending more gold than a single quest is actually worth, not counting possible failure, and they seem to give very little xp, but the story missions are outstripping my own XP level very quickly (lvl 18 opponents at lvl 11).

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Character creation is limted but tit adds new and interesting things. Now you can swap main character costumes for others. For example, you can play as Taki wearing Ivy clothing, which is :incline:

Pretty happy with the game. The only letdows I have with it is some absences like Lizardman (A real one, not a created character) and Tira being DLC.

A horse of course

Character creation is limted but tit adds new and interesting things. Now you can swap main character costumes for others. For example, you can play as Taki wearing Ivy clothing, which is :incline:

Pretty happy with the game. The only letdows I have with it is some absences like Lizardman (A real one, not a created character) and Tira being DLC.

I'm curious as to whether those are the "real" models for those characters. I remember that in SC IV character creation the customizable model for the main characters was actually different to that of the "base" model, with certain accessories or items of clothing working differently even if using the same outfit on the same original character. I first noticed this when comparing Taki, Setsuka and Ivy's bust size with that of the custom characters (in the interests of scientific curiosity).

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

I'm curious as to whether those are the "real" models for those characters. I remember that in SC IV character creation the customizable model for the main characters was actually different to that of the "base" model, with certain accessories or items of clothing working differently even if using the same outfit on the same original character. I first noticed this when comparing Taki, Setsuka and Ivy's bust size with that of the custom characters (in the interests of scientific curiosity).

In VI you start modifying the real costumes for the characters (Well, they have only the default costume), with their real model. You can change their hairstyle for other main character hairstyles and stuff for example. In IV, when you edit a main character you start the edition with the secondary costume, being every element generic ones (elements shared with original characters).

------------------

Some chars created by people

gqd7Xl_vyNN0CMr8KFFUNmE9fNrHNafMDUDMGL0fZbU.jpg

nacztk4tw9t11.jpg

1yzu0iazz7t11.jpg

kx591ehpg8t11.png

urd49bxg08t11.jpg

iq7y10phe7t11.jpg

5lvr8nsag6t11.png

A horse of course

AHHHHHHHHH WHY IS LEVELLING SO FUCKING SLOW I HAVE TO FIGHT ENEMIES 10 LEVELS ABOVE ME AND IT TAKES LIKE 5 SIDEQUESTS FOR A SINGLE LEVEL

A horse of course

Boy did I love that Geralt fight in LoS where he spams Critical Edge

A horse of course

Finally beat Azael at the "end" of Libra of Soul with 9hrs of playtime - yes I suck like hell at fighting games :lol:. There's still a bunch of sidequests up to level 75 or so and an extra boss, but that's pretty much the main campaign done. After all that hair-pulling I was already almost level 70 and won all three rounds against him in a row. Ivy and Tira's sidequest battles were actually a lot harder, and that random lvl 44 ambusher who constantly input-reads your attacks when you're moving around Europe is the biggest pain in the ass - I always beat him with like 10% hp left.

At last I can move on to doing the Arcade & Main Roster, and more importantly: Waifus.

kype4XA.jpg
bQEQF7t.jpg

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I’m trying to learn how to play Taki an Ivy. The last one is pretty hard, she’s based in zoning with the viper blade. Taki is way easier to domain, however she can get in troubles easily if you don’t maintain yourself close to your enemy.

I'd instantly buy this game if I could disable all the retarded custom shit online and just fight as or against the default characters.

Too bad!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom