Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

South Park: The Stick of Truth (PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If it has romancable Mr. Slave, I'll pre-order it right now.

Stinger

Arcane
MCA did want to make a High School RPG.

Can't say South Park was the "Leading Animation Franchise" I wanted (Archer, Avatar: TLA etc would've been a better fit) but at least it wasn't Family Guy ("You think that's bad? Remember the time I did this fetch quest?")

South Park might be a good medium for Obsidian to not only satire general politics but RPGs and stuff as well. As WalmartJesus said, in a game like this Obsidian could get away with dissing the hell out of Bioware and other stupidities that have entered RPGs.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
." It's so obviously a contract quick-buck that it will be taken like Bioware's Sonic rpg - as pretty much irrelevant to the brand one way or the other."

4 THA W

Twinkle

Liturgist
Black said:
after cockteasing that MAYBE there'll be an Arcanum sequel? Are you kidding me?

What's wrong, Blackie? Can't wait for Oblivion with fancy pistols, right?

Besides, Obsidian has always been a shitty outsourcing company since its inception, and South Park is hardly any worse than Star Wars or Dung Siege. :M

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
At first Codex was like
sadsal.png

but then
large-south-park-32.jpg

hahacrazysal.png

At least it can't be yet another shitty fpsrpg, could it?

tilting_msh

Formerly Judas
Patron
Codex 2012
Hahahaha some of you are such fucking crybabies.

I will def purchase this game.

hiver

shut the fuck up assholes and your bloody avatar and fucking airbenders faggottry.

this will be the best rpg obsidian had done and its a great IP.
they could have done better only if they got futurama.

whatcha crying about for fuck sake?
there wont be another retarded FP fantasy game? boo fucking hoo!

STFU!

bvguo.jpg

samuelLjackson.gif
[/quote]

Visbhume

Prophet
This is terrible. Why do they want to churn out something as overdone as a South Park RPG, when they could instead expand the frontiers of the genre in new and unexpected directions, like adventures in a fantasy land with magic and elves and dragons and shit, or adventures in a gritty postapocalyptic future with rayguns and mutants and robots and shit?

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I feel it's going to be shit and it may cause a sudden, massive influx of newfags here, which is never a good thing

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Jesus fucking christ.

I mean it's not like I don't see the business decision, but fuck I'm a little disappointed here.

edit: also, I would like to take the time to say that I often find South Park funny. that fucking creme fraiche episode. and their musical impersonations crack me up.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Lots of playa hatin' going on in this thread.

If anything, this game is most likely going to be one of the best-written games of its year. Definate pre-order for PC.

Johnny the Mule

Educated
Azrael the cat said:
I don't get the rage here. ...
I sure as fuck won't buy it, but why should I give a shit?
For someone who writes unrelated tldr as a gimmick you are kinda slow.
YOU COULD HAVE HAD MASS EFFECT: NEW PLANET!
IT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME AND NEW AND MUCH RPG MASS EFFECT DUDE!!!!11
BROMANCES!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Vaarna_Aarne said:
If anything, this game is most likely going to be one of the best-written games of its year. Definate pre-order for PC.

Matt and Trey are doing the story.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So this is really going to be out next year even though they started on it in late 2010 at the earliest?
"Feargus Urquhart's Slam Dunk Delivery! Your game in two years or less or it's free!"

On the upside, it's still a step up for Tim-m-o Cain and that purple and pink queermo thing he was working on. Queermo's a word I learned from South Park so it's a totally relevant word.

Radisshu

Prophet
Roguey said:
So this is really going to be out next year even though they started on it in late 2010 at the earliest?
"Feargus Urquhart's Slam Dunk Delivery! Your game in two years or less or it's free!"

On the upside, it's still a step up for Tim-m-o Cain and that purple and pink queermo thing he was working on. Queermo's a word I learned from South Park so it's a totally relevant word.

Well, I imagine certain things won't take very long (visual design, graphics)

HotSnack

Cipher
I have no problems with this. South Park can be quite entertaining when it tries.

Yes, put me down as one of the people who will buy this on the absurdity factor of a Matt & Trey & Obsidian teamup alone, with the added lulz of it possibly being RPG of the Year. :smug:

MMXI

Arcane
Excidium said:
WalmartJesus said:
If the game has good writing and C&C.it could end up being surprisingly decent.
RPG Codex in a nutshell

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom