Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Space Hack reviewed at RPGDot

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Rebelmind; Space Hack

<a href="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</a> have a <a href=http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=1199&sid=4374ce618dd4284689b7fd50115ed52b>review</a> of Space Hack/Maximus Strong Space Mercenary etc. etc. etc., a wacky action RPG. They rate it <b>7/10</b>.<blockquote>Personally, on the 1-10 scale, I would rank Space Hack a solid 7 out of 10. (I would probably rank it a tad higher if my editors allowed half point scores!) There is a LOT to like about this game, particularly if one is a fan of the original Diablo. Space Hack, like Diablo, allows one to explore a linear world and kill endless hordes of monsters with high rewards in items and currency. Is it a mentally challenging game in which one loses oneself for hours at a time? No, it is not and by Rebel Mind's own description, it was never intended to be. But it is a game that is curiously addictive, graphically easy on the eyes, and very satisfying. Gamers can get all this for USD$19.00, a price at which buyers will get every penny's worth and more.</blockquote>So basically it's just another action RPG? That's great, but what's the point of making these games if they're not going to do anything new or interesting compared to existing titles?

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Haven't played the game yet, but i'm not really sure what the point of indy developers making games like SpackHack and Fate. I'm not saying they suck, but why do a rehash of what the big boys put out but with lesser graphics? The only thing indy developers have going for them is that they can think outside the box.

Shevek

Arcane
FrancoTAU said:
why do a rehash of what the big boys put out but with lesser graphics?

Fate may not have had cutscenes or spiffy orchestral music but I thought the ingame graphics were pretty strong.

RuySan

Augur
Shevek said:
FrancoTAU said:
why do a rehash of what the big boys put out but with lesser graphics?

Fate may not have had cutscenes or spiffy orchestral music but I thought the ingame graphics were pretty strong.

i agree. I wished Sacred had Fate engine...it would be so much better.

HardCode

Erudite
FrancoTAU said:
... but why do a rehash of what the big boys put out but with lesser graphics?

Well, if they are an indie, maybe to make money for a bigger product. At least they advertise it as an action game. Heck, they could have made it an FPS from the game's description on Meridian 4's web site.

So, they make something different at a cheap price for Diablo fans. Nothing wrong with that. While they call it "Action/RPG", it's obvious they aren't trying to pass it off as an RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom