Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Space Hack to hit North America

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Rebelmind; Space Hack

Remember the unlikely titled Maximus XV Abraham Strong--Space Mercenary? Well, Canadian publisher Meridian4 has picked it up for North American distribution according to <a href=http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/16/news_6131169.html>GameSpot</a>.<blockquote>"Meridian4 is extremely excited to be bringing this highly addictive and engaging game to North America," said Meridian4 CEO Andrew Sher. "This game will have players hacking and slashing their way through hours and hours of action/RPG gameplay. Space Hack brings back what makes gaming fun."</blockquote>I think I'll pass on this one due to total apathy.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
I wish they kept they didn't rename it to Spce Hack, that sucks. Maximus XV Abraham Strong--Space Merecenary is quite possibly the greatest name for a game, ever.

obediah

Erudite
From the actionTrip review:

"Space Hack is like when you're 13 and so horny that you fool around with your best friend and get your nut hair caught in his braces, and you scream, and your mom walks in to see if you're okay"

Greenskin13

Erudite
DrattedTin

...Man, I must've missed out on that life experience....

Better go play Space Hack then!

Atrokkus

Erudite
At least they are honest - naming a hack'n'slash game Spack Hack, and writing appropriate reviews.
I hope, there were no claims of "ultimate roleplaying experience"?

chaedwards

Liturgist
I picked this up for 50p and it kept me entertained for about ten seconds. The major problem I had was that it was in a futuristic setting, and yet I had to use a club or slingshot to kill aliens. That, and no skill tree, only stats.

edit: can't spell

RGE

Liturgist
You can ignore the clubs, axes and slings and go for pistols and rifles instead. I remember doing that, but I think I used melee weapons in the very beginning, since the lack of difference in stats didn't matter enough to make them too ineffective against the monsters. Hard to say no to free weapons, you know? But I'm sure that I could've gone exclusively with pistols and rifles and simply ended up with slightly less money for better guns later on.

chaedwards

Liturgist
You're right of course, but I'm disappointed at a sci-fi ARPG that has slingshots and clubs - so much more could be done with the setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom