Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Strategy - Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

Annonchinil

Scholar
When I have the time I will get this game off Steam

DraQ

Arcane
One thing I forgot to add when writing my post:

There are two kinds of text in games:
informative text and flavour text. Planet descriptions in Nexus definitely fall into latter category, as they are irrelevant to the actual gameplay. Given that fact, and knowing that player has to be serious astronomy geek to rumage through all the celestial body descriptions in Nexus, I can't help, but notice that developers screwed up a big time here. I groaned aloud after reading thatfucking Saturn is a fucking planet without fucking atmosphere. When you add flavour text no one except people obsessed about the subject will read, you'd better make it good.
On a side note, most of the planets sucked in Nexus. Not only were they unimpressive visually, but seing craters and other such features beneath the cloud cover of a supposed gas giant makes me twitch.

Disconnected

Scholar
Craters? Heh, I never noticed.

As for the flavour text though, I think it's a nice touch. What's not so nice is the inaccuracy of said text.

Anyway, your grumbling made me dig out the game, and I have to say that so far, it's every bit as good as I remembered. Gotta go hunting for a crack though, 'cos the wife never played it & she's hogging it :(

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nexus is atemporal.

Something atemporal is incompatible the concept of "necroed"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom