Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce: Conquest of Eo - strategy RPG from Fantasy General 2 devs - Weaver's Realms expansion coming September 30th

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
This game is definitively worth a couple of runs. I have 80h clocked in it, which was more than what I did with AoW4. The DLC is quite good as well. Doubtful they will do more, but it is a good product on its own.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
They said they can't do more DLC unless the current one pays off.

Game is a solid 8.5/10 but it has a small potential audience.

Blutwurstritter

Scholar
It is difficult to convey the excellent gameplay with screenshots and videos. They don't do the game justice. My first reaction was "meh" when I saw it, and I thought it would be another poor attempt at capturing the feeling of classics like HoMM/AoW/Disciples. The way that they have intertwined interactions with factions, exploration of the map, and your progress is ingenious.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
It is difficult to convey the excellent gameplay with screenshots and videos. They don't do the game justice. My first reaction was "meh" when I saw it, and I thought it would be another poor attempt at capturing the feeling of classics like HoMM/AoW/Disciples. The way that they have intertwined interactions with factions, exploration of the map, and your progress is ingenious.
Just the very interesting and unique class system alone is fantastic for a game from a mainstream publisher.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Picked it up yesterday - I like it so far! I'm fully expecting my first run as a demonologist to crash and burn, but it's fun to mess around. I appreciate the characterisation of the Circle as not purely antagonistic, but very guildish and convinced of their right to rule.

How different are the starts in various areas?

I like that the devs are supposedly opening the game up for modding. I'm sure the game would get repetitive with third/ fourth playthrough, but if people start generating more content then it could be fun.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I have this on my wishlist, but I admit mostly for potential mp shenanigans.

Is it worth it now or should I wait for the complete goty edition somewhere down the line? (It's going in the backlog either way)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The game was complete from the start, the demon DLC just expands it. You know, like expansions used to do back in the day.

How different are the starts in various areas?
Very. They not only determine what kind of units you have access to in the beginning, they also influence the difficulty (like it says it does) in an organic way.

Dr1f7

Scholar
my question is how do they go from this (2019)
ss_e3a6030483dd4d3b05c8990f5b2b44c224d126b2.1920x1080.jpg
ss_376b87b927075bf6d3d548d76d6e3d058a11a6f5.1920x1080.jpg
ss_975db40588ac209af04114d7fc2c265224ca6810.1920x1080.jpg
ss_421baafef346a708853d03515417d20923f0c15b.1920x1080.jpg

to this (2023)
ss_62e523e4875d8e988b19264114acac6aab94c37c.1920x1080.jpg
ss_0cc7483951928e854e058e3fdc9843378a3f49d9.1920x1080.jpg
ss_5f546b5551cfacca1ec5a5ba33f341f4c3501c2b.1920x1080.jpg

granted it still looks light years better than AoW4 but seriously wtf?????????
it's on sale for $11 and i want to get it but every time i look at the screenshots i think it should be a f2p tablet game
feels like it would be a moral failure to support such blatant visual decline

lycanwarrior

Scholar

I remember this game being #1 on GoG when it launched. Not sure if GoG sales are significant enough to make a difference overall or at least for this particular game.

But since it appears to be getting a new DLC, it makes you wonder...

:cmcc:

Axioms

Arcane
Developer

I remember this game being #1 on GoG when it launched. Not sure if GoG sales are significant enough to make a difference overall or at least for this particular game.

But since it appears to be getting a new DLC, it makes you wonder...

:cmcc:
GoG is typically 10% or less of sales for the PC market. And 10% would be the higher end.

Blutwurstritter

Scholar
I have this on my wishlist, but I admit mostly for potential mp shenanigans.

Is it worth it now or should I wait for the complete goty edition somewhere down the line? (It's going in the backlog either way)
What mp shenanigans? Conquest of Eo is single player only. Are you mixing this up with Spellforce 3, which has mp and coop-mp?

A new dlc is great news, and I'd love a second map or at least an extension of the map, although it is probably smaller in scope.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

A new dlc is great news, and I'd love a second map or at least an extension of the map, although it is probably smaller in scope.
Judging from the short teaser trailer, there will be an extension of the map of some sort. At least I don't recognize the dwarf statue featured in it.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer

Judging from the short teaser trailer, there will be an extension of the map of some sort. At least I don't recognize the dwarf statue featured in it.
Man I really hope they add more to the map. It gets a little samey after a while. Of course I tend to binge strategy games intensely which is probably not the intended way to play, so this may partially be a problem of my own making.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Steam achievements confirmed that randomly generated maps are coming in the next DLC.

Endless possibilities await… you just have to pierce the veil.

Learn to harness the power of dreams and create countless realms with the mere click of a button in the upcoming expansion for SpellForce: Conquest of Eo, a turn-based fantasy epic set in the world of SpellForce.

Explore new worlds when SpellForce: Conquest of Eo - Weaver's Realms releases on September 30, 2024.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Very nice. Too bad that is was not included in the release version of the game, I think it would boost the sales, as every major release had such option in vanilla.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Wonder how the new school will be. I like the map stuff but only if we can have a big chonky size. Lemme get a map 4 times the size of the current map.

krilcebre

Scholar
I doubt they'll add an option for such a big map, most of the games were finished before you even explored half of the current map. Awesome news btw, absolutely love this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom