Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce: Conquest of Eo - strategy RPG from Fantasy General 2 devs - Weaver's Realms expansion coming September 30th

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
I doubt they'll add an option for such a big map, most of the games were finished before you even explored half of the current map. Awesome news btw, absolutely love this game.
Depends on how laser focused you were and whether you got the fast tower stuff minmaxed.

Reality

Learned
For me, I usually finish with 3 land areas + Tuscari sea unvisited.

It's just too inconvenient to go down there.

For land I generally go clockwise from where I start so what I miss will be whatever is furthest from my start.

I basically always do the North and Center though, mainly because they have way more haste berries than everywhere else.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Generally the middle third horizontally and then parts of the upper third are the most useful. The south is generally only good for wisps farming free goodie tiles.

krilcebre

Scholar
I also think I've fully explored the sea only once. Most of my games were in the southwest area of the map, usually exploring towards mid and north.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Despite loving the game conceptually I just can't seem to play it for very long. I think the new spell school from the Demon Scourge DLC is very well executed and extremely fun to play around, but ultimately I just get worn out by the dumbed down (relative to FG2) combat mechanics and wonky balance. I'll get the new DLC as well though only for the new spell school, I have no interest in the RNG maps.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Despite loving the game conceptually I just can't seem to play it for very long. I think the new spell school from the Demon Scourge DLC is very well executed and extremely fun to play around, but ultimately I just get worn out by the dumbed down (relative to FG2) combat mechanics and wonky balance. I'll get the new DLC as well though only for the new spell school, I have no interest in the RNG maps.
I mean can you reasonably expect this game to compete on tactical combat with fantasy general? Seems like a misplaced expectation.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I mean can you reasonably expect this game to compete on tactical combat with fantasy general? Seems like a misplaced expectation.
Yes? It's not like FG2 is a high bar. Morale mattered more than willpower and models actually factored into combat resolution. At the very least there was no reason to omit the latter mechanic though if I'd have to guess I'd say they left it out because they didn't have time to balance things out. The game is a mess already in terms of unit balance. Tactical spells would've also been nice.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Yes? It's not like FG2 is a high bar. Morale mattered more than willpower and models actually factored into combat resolution. At the very least there was no reason to omit the latter mechanic though if I'd have to guess I'd say they left it out because they didn't have time to balance things out. The game is a mess already in terms of unit balance. Tactical spells would've also been nice.
Well unit balance isn't really the point though, right? The focus is much more on the economic layer. The crafting systems of the classes are the part that is unique and detailed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom