Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spiderweb software

Thrasher

Erudite
extremely RPGish. horrible.

Bluegrazz

Novice
Thank you for all the input :D . I must say that you guys really helped me out here in that you not only gave me your opinions of the Spiderweb games, but also gave me a nice listing of games I had not heard of (but look very promising) which I am sure will give me hours upon hours of wonderfully wasted time.
So, the game I had been playing by Spiderweb was Genoforge 1 and I uninstalled the demo and tried Avernum 5. Although its not exactly what I am looking for, it seems as if it is still going to be an interesting game and when I hit the end of the demo (huge demo BTW, as I have played at least three hours and have not bben limited in any way) I will purchase this one.
I wish we would see the return of games such as Might and Magic: Mandate of Heaven (The new Dark Messiah game was a complete disappointment to me- Even more so than Oblivion) but sadly, I feel those days are gone. I enjoy sipping on my coffee, chatting with my wife and strategically choosing my actions/movements in a turn based fashion- All I can find of late are "twitch fest" games done in real time and requiring little thought. Perhaps I am just getting old but I reminisce on the hour long battles of R.P.G.'s when I am watching my supplies become slowly depleted and my Party withering away with no hope of escape as my tension level peaks until finally my spell points are exhausted and even my casters are attacking with their daggers- Only to destroy the enemy with only one of my hero's standing.....
Anyhow, I appreciate all the good input and suggestions given to me and I will certainly be regularly visiting this Forum (until Age of Decadence comes out.... I will be putting in for a 2 week Vacation, turning off my phone/internet,stocking frozen pizzas and sending the wife to her moms, lol. I plan to be very occupied for a bit) Thanks again.

Nedrah

Erudite
Welcome to the codex, Bluegrazz.
Now run while you still can.

But seriously, if the games in this thread were new and interesting to you, I recommend digging through the archives a bit. There have been A LOT of threads where people give their opponions of a plethora of games, I'm sure you'll find a few gems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom