Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
That's the way to do it. Now just wait a week or two, and you're gonna' get yourself a snazzy job at CDProjekt.

1eyedking

Erudite
Jasede said:
Improved Translation

Guard: Where stays this dirt-guy?
Hero: How please?
Guard: Clay the old dirt-pig lets me wait here since hours. That big should me finally relieve.
Hero: You push here watch?
Guard: Yes damn and that already way too long. I am getting slowly already softened up feet from the moldy ground here.
Hero: Where exactly is this Clay?
Guard: What know I? Somewhere in the camp and laying lazily around in the place. When he not soon here on-crosses then I punch simply off.
Hero: What gives here so important to guard?
Guard: The swamp builder man. Without him it sees darkly here.
Hero: Who should here what steal want?
Guard: When you the people of the city mean, there I make me no worries. They come not here here. But the darn pests everywhere! When we not up-pass we will overrun by boars or worse.
Hero: What mean you with "darkly"?
Guard: Older now look you now around here. Sees this maybe like the paradise or what? No bar, no women, nothing. Only stinking swamp. All that us here stays is the boozing. Without the beer from the swamp builder would be here nothing anymore, understand you?
Hero: Can I what from you learn?
Guard: Ambitious, what? Was I too once. Away-seen from fight give it a pair nice talents that you on-have should. Sneaking, locks opening, pocket thievery. All these handy things can I you to-bring.
Hero: Good. I see what Clay right now makes.
Guard: Take him here here. I have the snout strikethrough full, understand you?
Holy shit you kidnapped The Witcher's translator.

Mayday

Augur
Ahahahaha, goddamnit, why the hell did I stop coming here? :D

BTW, I think I'm going to try ze german version this time, the voiceacting in the polish translation of the Gothic games is starting to get on my nerves...
I don't have any high hopes for this game except for one: a motherfucking great hiking simulator :P

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Mayday said:
BTW, I think I'm going to try ze german version this time, the voiceacting in the polish translation of the Gothic games is starting to get on my nerves...

Why? I always thought the VOs were well done.

Mayday

Augur
Yeah, that's why I enjoyed it in the first two gothics.
But the same actors speaking in the same way over and over again... that's just too much for me.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Lefty sent me. I brought you some water.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom