Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News SSI Dungeons & Dragons RPGs released on Steam

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
If the Dark Sun one comes with auto character transfer (it won't) then it would be an auto buy for me. For the life of me I can't get that shit to work anymore and i'm tired of trying to find recent guides for a decades old game.
I managed recently to transfer my characters from Shattered Lands to Wake of the Ravager using the GOG versions, but it was quite finicky about the exact file locations and folder names and took a number of tries with different configurations before it finally worked properly. :M

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I recreated what I had done two months ago using a new installation of Wake of the Ravager:

1. Install Dark Sun 2: Wake of the Ravager into a folder called Ravager (can probably be changed to something else)
2. Create a folder inside Ravager called DSUN
3. Copy the files from inside the cloud_saves folder in your installation of Shattered Lands to the new Ravager\DSUN folder
4. Open the file dosbox_darksun2_single.conf in a text editor, near the bottom of the file change ravager to chartran, and save
5. Launch the game, press the 1 button (which now starts up chartran rather than the game), and once in chartran change the folder location for the transfer destination by pressing the 2 button, then pressing the C button, followed by typing C:\ and pressing enter (twice)
6. Choose which Shattered Lands save game you want to copy your characters from (i.e. the latest one, after beating the game)
7. Open the file dosbox_darksun2_single.conf in a text editor, near the bottom of the file change chartran back to ravager, and save
8. Launch the game
9. In the main menu, select create character
10. Right-click on any open character slot, select add character, and you should now be able to choose one of the characters from your Shattered Lands save

Also note that left-shift skips the opening videos. +M

Codex Year of the Donut

Snow in Russian. So who they are?
some polski guy who maybe(?) is still at CDPRojekt. AFAICT he was the guy who originally started obtaining rights to redistribute games at GOG until GOG decided they didn't want to do it anymore so he left and took the rights with him I guess? Now he does it solo.
He's credited as being on the board of CDPR as recently as cyberpunk 2077's credits.

tbh kinda think he might just be some rich dude who decided he wanted to get the games he loved as a kid back on the market

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
If SNEGMA made mobile versions and automatically installed my FRUA modules for me, I'd pirate buy.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So what's the reason someone should give their money to a faceless publisher known only as SNEG(no other info available) with presumably no relation to the developer of these games that were made 35 years ago?
To annoy you. Well worth $40.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
You know what maybe would have been an ok idea? Revamping the old Neverwinter Nights engine into FRUA and the rest of the goldbox series. It'd be a bit different playing only 1 character in a party of others but I guess it could work. Party leader would have to be designated to run out of combat movement and I'm not sure how interparty communication was ever dealt with (a chat window, global etc that later MMOs adopted??)

Steam being what it is with workshops, and an online/offline community with that achievement crap and logged in hours might be a hit. (Though, man, I swear i read a lot of goldbox hate and "unplayable" posts not just on steam but other sites)

".... go play NWN2 enhanced rainbow edition you fucking goldbox grognard!!"

Luzur

Good Sir
Why the hell would we want to buy something from Steam when we should already have these classics? Waste of money and supporting a bunch of cunts.

I own the originals already but if i didnt i would still pirate them anyway LOL

now snazzied up remakes of them all on the other hand... yeah i would pay.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What pisses me off atm is I know there is this free game that is very goldbox like called monestary or something and I can't find the damn link. I beat it a few times. I'll check my laptops and drives later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom