Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat trip report

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
it owns

MetalCraze

Arcane
My nephew who liked the first two craps quite a bit said the last part of the full game is shit. It's to other Stalkers what SoZ is to NWN2 OC. Aka a failed attempt at sandbox without any motivation and reason to play it.
And from what I saw myself the area design is terribad. Many areas are just empty deserts with stuff thrown in here and there at random.
This isn't surprising though from a piece of poo that was only 8 months in development.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I liked the rusty dirtied look of the original STALKER, which is why I was dubiously surprised by the colourful, vibrant look of the second game, which felt inappropriate.

Sequel expectations, sequel expectations...

MetalCraze said:
But there are fuckloads of ever respawning doodz. ZOMG move to RPG Discussion NOW plz

I heard there's much less people than in SoC.

'sides, playing STALKER without mods is like playing Oblivion without mods

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Emotional Vampire said:
MetalCraze said:
But there are fuckloads of ever respawning doodz. ZOMG move to RPG Discussion NOW plz

And interestingly, we still talk about STALKER and Oblivion three years after their release, much like we do with NWN2.

Makes you feel like nothing ever changes.

baronjohn

Cipher
COP is good. There's much less pointless shootery (all the factions are friends, very little respawning), stealth works, nights are dark and scary, etc.

Wyrmlord said:
Emotional Vampire said:
MetalCraze said:

And interestingly, we still talk about STALKER and Oblivion three years after their release, much like we do with NWN2.

Makes you feel like nothing ever changes.

We never talk about STALKER.

Getting rave reviews from users even though they're using a Google translation, looking forward it personally.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Satori said:
Getting rave reviews from users even though they're using a Google translation, looking forward it personally.

The Google translation is not the official one, obviously. The EU/US version comes out next year

Tails

Arbiter
Stereotypical Villain said:
It's a shame that it won't be out until Q1 2010. I was quite looking forward to playing it this year.
Then Lost Alpha will be released before new Stalker game if dezodor team won't have any problems. Can't wait.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
get ready for DX11 man. Im going to replace my 8800GT with a DX11 card after christmas when those prices have gone way the fuck down.

I haven't even experienced DX10 yet though because I never moved on from XP.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BlitzKitchen said:
get ready for DX11 man. Im going to replace my 8800GT with a DX11 card after christmas when those prices have gone way the fuck down.

DX11 most certainly has no XP compatibility either, eh?

Oh well as long as I can still play it on XP without the new fancy features.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
JarlFrank said:
BlitzKitchen said:

DX11 most certainly has no XP compatibility either, eh?

Oh well as long as I can still play it on XP without the new fancy features.

I know, I'll probably give in to windows 7 or something by that time

there was not enough change from DX9 to 10, at least in the games I've played, for me to bother with vista.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom