Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Stamps Back — free documentary about the birth of the Hungarian cracking/demoscene

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
As the title says. Now with full English subtitles, and I'm pretty sure they recorded the master to a real VHS tape, then digitised it back. Prestigious! :obviously:

A must-watch for C64 and Amiga enthusiasts, and for anyone who loves the 80s. I've personally lived through it in Hungary, and these were glorious times indeed :cool:
From Commodore 64s smuggled across the Iron Curtain to cracked games on cassette tapes sold at flea markets, floppy disk swapping via postal mail, hacked phone booths connected to US BBSes, and copy parties packed to capacity, Stamps Back tells the story of how teenagers in Hungary ignited a computing revolution in the 1980s with illegally copied video games from the West, and began the Hungarian demoscene.

Trailer

Full movie (144 mins)

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh man. I've got to watch this. I didn't personally participate in the OG thing, but was an avid diskmag reader, and later contributor. Wild times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom