Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Trek 25th Anniversary - Solar eclipse puzzle?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just got this game and I'm really enjoying it. But the first real puzzle got me really confused! Can someone explain the logic behind the eclipse puzzle? Yes, I have tried to goggle it, but the only thing I get is how to solve it, no explaining why it is solved the way it is.

I really tried, but not seeing the logic in it, and the solution got me as stumped as the actual puzzle :)

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I only faintly remember this puzzle, but IIRC I just looked up the solution back then.

Digging around a bit today, I found that having Spock use the Tricorder on the drawing above the panel may yield some clues.

Another clue is "when there's an eclipse, everything's supposed to be dark".

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, the thing is I understand the puzzle (what to do), and I have used Spock. But I really don't understand the solution. I was just hoping someone could explain it. I tried everything trying to solve it. Didn't work. I gave up and looked up the solution and the levers are supposed to go in the middle... all of them- What the hell, why? Why are not the lights representing the actual color on the planets/moons not blocked out for an example?

I know it doesn't matter but I'm really curious! :)

The solution:
latest

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Seeing as the goal is to make everything as dark as possible, and the puzzle being solved once the lights on the left are at their minimum, it is safe to conclude that those lights represent the amount of daylight present.

As to why the dials must be placed in a near central position, I surmise that the creators of this device possessed a form of night vision.

(The above lines must be read in Leonard Nimoy's voice.)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Hehe, nice. I guess it could be as easy as that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom