Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starcraft 2 is an RPG

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
It has dialogue trees, and the storyline is that Jim Raynor has to collect the Ancient Artifacts in order to stop the Ancient Evil (Xel Naga) which is returning to end all life. lol. It's got somewhat twitch based gameplay, and it's at a basically isometric camera angle. It's got bloom, physics, and pretty graphics. You can spend EXP (money) you get in missions to upgrade your units.

obediah

Erudite
Locue said:
Also, Jim Raynor is at least twice the badass BioWare says Shepard's supposed to be.

Could he survive a one of Darth Vader's nerve pinches though?

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
and the storyline is that Jim Raynor has to collect the Ancient Artifacts in order to stop the Ancient Evil (Xel Naga) which is returning to end all life.

If this is true then I'm not interested.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
obediah said:
Locue said:
Also, Jim Raynor is at least twice the badass BioWare says Shepard's supposed to be.

Could he survive a one of Darth Vader's nerve pinches though?
Of course he could. Anyone could do that. Shit, Vader's a pussy who turned evil 'cause he missed his mommy. Jim, on the other hand, probably ate his mommy. Guys with goatees'll do that kind of thing, I hear.

GeneralSamov

Prophet
Locue said:

He shouldn't be too badass though, making him stronger than Zeratul would be blasphemy.
Yes, I'm a Zeratul's fan.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
GeneralSamov said:
Locue said:

He shouldn't be too badass though, making him stronger than Zeratul would be blasphemy.
Yes, I'm a Zeratul's fan.
I preferred Tassadar, myself.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I liked Kerrigan because she was a strong and independent providing a role model for young womyn everywhere showing that even in this male dominated world a woman can rise to become Queen of the Zerg.

Queen of Blades was a really gay title.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
An RTS with branching storylines would be pretty neat. Too bad SC2 is going to be linear.

MetalCraze

Arcane
nah. TRUE rpgs must have an ability for PC to become a head of every faction, must have some random unkillable npcs, a retarded "24h" schedule for them, a fast travel ability. And the big bad boss must be at least so cool as dagoth'ur or shaegorath or...

The_Pope

Scholar
But you do get to lead all the factions, and you can even choose which one to lead first. If you don't want to be the leader, you can pretend that you aren't!

Roleplaying++

MetalCraze

Arcane
The_Pope said:
you can pretend that you aren't!

even if I will - my companions will follow my orders anyway...
Damn! this game even implements a roleplaying using high charisma!

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Sovy Kurosei said:
An RTS with branching storylines would be pretty neat. Too bad SC2 is going to be linear.
Actually you'll be able to do a bunch of mercenary missions in whatever order you want, but yeah ot's basically the same.

Ryuken

Liturgist
Sovy Kurosei said:
Try Warwind II or Original War, both have choices and consequences in their campaigns but the way those games played also felt more RPG-like imo (restricted amount of possible troops per mission, being able to take some of your troops with you on a next mission, vehicles were created seperately after which certain soldier types could drive them, turrets had to be manned, units with an own inventorty, etc.).

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Lestat said:
NiM82 said:
It's not an RPG, you can't sit on chairs!
Now why would you want to sit on chair when you can run around and kill things?
Exactly.

WTF.JPG

fastpunk

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
It has dialogue trees, and the storyline is that Jim Raynor has to collect the Ancient Artifacts in order to stop the Ancient Evil (Xel Naga) which is returning to end all life. lol.

An ancient evil awakening? When will devs get tired of this shit? :?

The_Pope

Scholar
Can't they have an epic new immersive next gen evil? Ancient evils are too old. They'd probably take turns to conquer galaxies or something lame and old like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom