Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Startup Panic

https://www.startuppanic.com/

I wouldn't have downloaded it if I had known it was on epic fail store.

In fact the game is terrible. The ideas behind it are interesting and somehow solid, taking here and there from other better titles, like Software Inc., but failing under every aspect because of a terrible interface absolutely unsuitable to track all the needed micromanagement.
On top of this, there's no manual save, but the game has several forced failstates tied to the main plot, which means that if you just barely missed that deadline you're going to have to repeat the last two hours of clicking around and babysitting dangerhaired cheeckclappers who need a month of vacation every week of typing.
It was the kind of game I would have liked, but it's not a game I can like.

no need to diss the buzzwords, after all it's not much different from software inc itself, which is awesome, and it will be even more awesome when finished, in one of the next centuries.

mondblut

Arcane
I thought this is about the tinge of panic that I feel whenever I have to reboot my PC.

Then I read the forum name and thought it's about panic that makes you put away a daunting game despite of it ticking all of your boxes because learning its ropes feels like a massive undertaking that you feel unprepared to commit to.

Both of these topics would be more interesting to discuss than what the thread truly contains.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Software inc and Gamebiz 3 are the only two software development studio games worth anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom