Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS 2: BONE TOTEM - new isometric adventure in Stasis universe set in deep sea installation

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't remember why I didn't like BD, I think it was probably the ending or overall story that ruined it for me

Yeah that was a bit of a downer. I was expecting a lot more of the backstory to be revealed, how the world got the way it is, etc, which never happened.

I was googling for the different endings and found this gem:

1705663397441.png

Reddit was a mistake.

Kaidanovsky

Literate
I played this for a while. Got tired of all the "remember this pattern" type of puzzles. Do they eventually improve?

Dumle

Novice
I played this for a while. Got tired of all the "remember this pattern" type of puzzles. Do they eventually improve?
Well, that type of puzzle keeps repeating throughout the game from start to finish. However, it's worth keep playing for the story, atmosphere, and the general grossness of the body horror. And Mose, of course.

Kaidanovsky

Literate
Well, that type of puzzle keeps repeating throughout the game from start to finish. However, it's worth keep playing for the story, atmosphere, and the general grossness of the body horror. And Mose, of course.
Too bad. I don't remember the first Stasis having those types of puzzles, but it's been a while.

I'd rather just play a walking simulation. It's too disruptive to the flow of the game for a filler, especially since I end up looking at a guide. I can't be bothered to go back and check the pattern.

lightbane

Arcane
I don't get how Moses got so much love, poor thing is fuck-ugly and his EA version was cuter and better IMO.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Hey Pyke - QQ for ya

I recently rewatched The 13th Warrior. When they sneak into the Eaters of the Dead’s cave, I got some end-stage Bone Totem vibes.

Any inspiration there?

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Ive never actualy seen The 13th Warrior - but I read Eaters of the Dead when I was about 10 (I went on a Michael Crichton kick after Jurassic Park) - so it wouldnt surprise me if it mushed into my brain and came out in Bone Totem. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom