Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance - Hamachi

Destroid

Arcane
Title says it - anyone interested in some FA over Hamachi? I'm on semester break now so I'm up for pretty much any time or player configuration and could bring a pal or two for 2v2/3v3 between 0900 and 1300GMT.

I've only played 5 or so 1v1 games so far, so I guess I suck. Live in aus so I'd guess my ping will be horrible to 90% of you :(

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
i tried playing against other players, but i usually end up losing in 5 mins or less, one time i managed to live almost 10 mins before dying.

so i dont play online anymore. only vs AI

Destroid

Arcane
Playing vs ai is so horrible in this game, you have the absurdly easy regular AI or the insanely difficult cheating AI. It's really annoying.

Destroid

Arcane
Nope, but I've read that they can slow down the game quite a lot, which already gives me problems on the larger maps.

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
well, yea...

1v1 me vs sorian, its not too bad, but usually by the 45m mark i have 2-3 IRL sec per in-game seconds...

when i try to up it to me+sorian vs 2 sorian...

by 30m its usually 4-6 IRL sec per in-game sec

GPG really fucked up their threading and load balancing.

Destroid

Arcane
Just gave it a crack, 2v2 on a 10km land map with 3 rush AIs. Myself and my ally easily rolled the opposition.

Will be nice to actually have some naval battles with the AI and I noticed the behavoir was leagues ahead of default.

Destroid

Arcane
I find playing the larger maps tedious - it also really makes air power so much more relevent than everything else. I can't imagine myself playing on anything bigger than a 20x20.

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
im a turtling fan, so i need the larger maps to have enough time before the AI starts hitting me to get working defenses up

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom