Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Syndicate Reboot (first screenshots)

Stinger

Arcane
Woah.

relootz

Scholar
At least we can play the old game. You don't need to play this shit.

Just forget it even exists.

relootz

Scholar
I am still not following the train of thought on making this game.

I mean the people who played the original game, lets call them fans, lke me, or now in their late 20 or 30.

They won't like this game at all because it has basically nothing to do with syndicate.

So they make an FPS for the new kiddies playing on their consoles, who have never heard of syndcate.

Couldn't they just give it another name then?

:decline:

Peter

Arcane
relootz said:
So they make an FPS for the new kiddies playing on their consoles, who have never heard of syndcate.

They have, though, from 'Best games of all time' lists on sites like IGN and Gamespot. Same with Fallout and X-Com. They haven't played the old games, nor do they really care about them, but now they can buy their FPS and brag about how they're playing a game that is a part of a classic series.

hoopy

Savant
What if they had actually made it just like the original? It's not like isometric realtime strategic/tactical/action games don't sell, and developing it would have been much cheaper and therefore more profitable. The old fans would have been onboard too.

But Modern Warfare is an FPS and it sold a billion million copies, so everyone has to make an FPS now, in case it'll somehow become just as popular (yeah, I'm sure everyone will drop MW3 so they can play Syndicate MP). Even a failure of an FPS is probably considered better than a successful RTS. It's better to fail at doing something trendy than succeed at doing something profitable.

DraQ

Arcane
Good:
-no TPP cover.
Bad:
-everything else.

hoopy said:
It's a bit like a grittier version of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
I have both Deus Ex games for that.

Ed123 said:
And yeah stuff like "you're in my way" ruins the whole sense of clinical, disinterested sociopathy in favour of HAI GUIZ LOOK AT ME IMMA BADASS MUTHA.
This.

And it's jarring to me even though I haven't played the original syndicate, so I can't imagine how can anyone who has not :rage: at it.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
New screenshots: http://www.4players.de/4players.php/scr ... icate.html

2276927-vollbild.jpg

:thumbsup:

Gorawala

Educated
Yep, and with a character with a name sounding like phallus. A must buy.

Are they even going to incorporate things such as the persuadatron? We could do with one in this day and age.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom