Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News System Shock 2 released on GOG

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Well, whatever, but System Shock 2 is definitely a good old game. One of the few I can remember that actually made me afraid for my character while playing it.

Superb!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I prefer having the GOG releases of the old classics, the fact that they come pre-patched, are guaranteed to work with windows 7, and have no DRM, pure bliss.
It's good most of the time, yeah, but sometimes they screw up. Like inferior european Fallout or fucked up sound effects in Ultima Underworld by forcing the midi music patch.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The simple fact is there is a value in having a quick and simple exe install that just works without tweaking. Some people will pay for that value, some will not.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
The simple fact is there is a value in having a quick and simple exe install that just works without tweaking. Some people will pay for that value, some will not.
But you can get that for free. Or at least until GOG starts selling it.

1410031-HWLF0JT.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A day after its release, SS2 is the 104th best-selling game of all time on GOG (out of 513)

How high will it go?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But you can get that for free. Or at least until GOG starts selling it.

1410031-HWLF0JT.jpg

DJOldgames requires a paid membership to download files above a certain size, so some games cannot be downloaded for free.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Huh. Didn't know that. At most I needed to register an account to get shorter wait times.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I would rather them monopolize the industry and shove a microchip up everyone's butt who's so afraid of it. Valve is less of an affront to gaming than CDProjekt~ Anyway, I ended up buying the Steam version for $2.50 during the Summer sale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom