Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Card-Based Tainted Grail: Conquest - card-based roguelike adaptation of Kickstarted board game

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Can't tell if I'm playing summoner wrong or it's just not very good. The damage you share with your pets ends up getting my killed by a single aoe attack. Blood mage doesn't have this issue because it doesn't share damage.
You must have a barrier up at all times. And you need to figure out a way to heal, like some Golem strat.

hello friend

Arcane
/agree

I just pick this up and was surprised at how good it was. Despite my better instincts, I picked it up even though it's a deck-builder.

Got buyer's remorse initially when I saw the disclaimer 'This is a rogue-lite', but after doing a few play-throughs I'm glad I gave it a chance.

It's actually 30% off on Gog.com right now -- $14. Well worth the full price tho.

Game tip:
Choose cards for your deck wisely. If the cards suck for your class/deck then choose 'skip'. It is easier avoiding adding cards than it is removing cards from your deck.

PS - Blood mage ftw!
Blood mage is indeed very strong

Codex Year of the Donut
aww dang, almost lasted all 15 rounds with the troo boss without forcing him to switch forms once, had to switch at the last turn
I bet a block-based character could do it pretty easily though

managed to do 10k damage

get the feeling it might be tough on a character who doesn't have a lot of ways to avoid damage

Mig

Educated
Still free on x box gamepass so if you have it try it out.
I played it on there and was pleasantly surprised by it. Good game

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Made my bullet points on this almost a year ago, but
agree with everything that Rusty says

Don`t write this one off because they advertise it using the latest buzzwords

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom