Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tamriel Rebuilt keeps chugging along

Kalon

Scholar
Compare that to light (where you go from shitty chitin/netch armor pretty much straight to glass)
TR also adds some good light armor in the form of daedric hide armor, which iirc is slightly under glass armor in terms of AR.
I'm pretty positive daedric hide became deprecated and/or was replaced by native ebony armor in the latest TR build.
Oh well, I always felt it was a bit weird anyway.

Funposter

Arcane
Compare that to light (where you go from shitty chitin/netch armor pretty much straight to glass)
TR also adds some good light armor in the form of daedric hide armor, which iirc is slightly under glass armor in terms of AR.
I'm pretty positive daedric hide became deprecated and/or was replaced by native ebony armor in the latest TR build.
Daedric Hide has been replaced by the unique pieces of the Savior's Hide, which is now a full armour set ala Battlespire instead of just the cuirass found on Vvardenfell. I'm pretty sure that the pieces are mainly found in the redeveloped bits of the Telvannis area from Ashes of Empire.

Kalon

Scholar
TR doesn't want to change anything of the vanilla game so it's unlikely. Imho there's no reason to have dwemer armor have a higher enchant value than daedric, if only because it is, after all, a more mundane craft.
That said, it is true that there's little reason to use dwemer pieces when some parts of the imperial armors (chainmail pauldrons and greaves afaik) have the exact same AR and durability.

But really, common fashion sense is enough reason not to use the dwemer cuirass.

I'd use full dwemer set if it wasn't for the boots :prosper:

Also, TR introduced a medium version of dwemer armor, so why would I ever go heavy?

Tenebris

Scholar
will you get overleved if you do a few of the new areas? wanna go to skyrim home of them nords, it has some better looking armors.
Probably. It really depends on your build and how you're solving these quests though. What I do for this is use this mod here. Not only is it a superior leveling system but you can also set how quickly your skills grow and decay.

razvedchiki

Erudite
i use vanilla morrowind and an assortment of gameplay balance mods centered around sigourns edit of BTBs necro edit and the CCCP leveling mod, unfortunately most of them dont work with openmw. i also installed the BTB necro edit mod for the tamriel rebuilt mods, hopefully it will balance all the new items those mods introduce.

None

Scholar
will you get overleved if you do a few of the new areas? wanna go to skyrim home of them nords, it has some better looking armors.
Try this mod. It allows adjustments to skill gain by skill, by skill level, and by total level. You'll have to manually edit a file to make changes, but it isn't a bother.

dreughjiggers

Maidenhaver
So what? Is that why a bunch of quests were rewritten? Just asking. Daily reminder a mod that adds two words: "trans rights," to generic dialogue somehow became the most highly upvooted morrowind mod in recent history. Even the darkelfguy was one of the first five to upvote. Its a fact that discord attracts trannies, and weirdos in general. Gaming, too.

dreughjiggers

Maidenhaver
Also, some dude made an alter for his mum, and that's stuck on the front page, now. Would be nice if all this shit was tagged, so I could filter out pity mods, but this is Morrowind nexus. Its only really busy twice per year.

Tenebris

Scholar
Daily reminder that the TR team kicked a veteran dev that has been part of the project for 12 years because he privately made fun of a fellow transgender dev.
The dev he made fun of isn't even around anymore right? They never look at the bigger picture. Kicking out someone who's there for the longterm for a fickle person who comes and goes in an instant. Either way this mod probably has at minimal another 5-10 years before completion and that's being generous. I doubt most of these same devs will be around by the end anyway. Also them moving to Discord was a huge mistake. It attracted the absolute worst kind of people to the project.

Last edited:
The dev he made of isn't even around anymore right? They never look at the bigger picture. Kicking out someone who's there for the longterm for a fickle person who comes and goes in an instant. Either way this mod probably has at minimal another 5-10 years before completion and that's being generous. I doubt most of these same devs will be around by the end anyway. Also them moving to Discord was a huge mistake. It attracted the absolute worst kind of people to the project.
I have no clue who the trans dev specifically was. There are too many of them on TR / PT. The kicked dev was in a private group of modders where he expressed his dissatisfaction with TR and various people there. Someone leaked the logs and TR kicked him for wrongthink. Not the first person to be kicked for expressing forbidden opinions on other discord servers either.

Being woke trannies is just a cherry on top, however. They are simply incompetent and are content to redo old stuff forever. Atrayonis, one of the most known devs, decided to leave because they would not stop redoing things.

lwgUvFo.png

They have successfully alienated a lot of talented modders. Modder Ruffin, who pretty much specializes in making armours, left after he spent hundreds of hours making sets that they decided not to use because they changed their mind.

You also can't make fun of Argonians being slaves, farm tools, and such things on their discord. It's supposedly all racist dog whistles.

R6EpqKA.png
zP2U48J.png

Kalon

Scholar
Also, some dude made an alter for his mum, and that's stuck on the front page, now. Would be nice if all this shit was tagged, so I could filter out pity mods, but this is Morrowind nexus. Its only really busy twice per year.
I noticed that mod too. I left a comment there to say that the mod needed to be cleaned of GMSTs, and comment was deleted by admins because apparently telling someone to clean their mods is hatespeech now.
And while I find the idea of someone adding a shrine to his dead mom in the game cute and moving enough (it reminded me of that Animal crossing comic strip) I don't really see the point of releasing that for other players except getting pity upvotes from internet strangers.

Daily reminder a mod that adds two words: "trans rights," to generic dialogue somehow became the most highly upvooted morrowind mod in recent history.

Not to mention that other mod which made a MWSE-based change of the inventory management but the modder thad the bright idea to put a "No TERF on our turf" image in the image section. Of course someone made a comment that this particular image/slogan bore no relation to the mod in question albeit maybe in a somewhat vehement manner, and drama unfolded quickly.

You also can't make fun of Argonians being slaves, farm tools, and such things on their discord. It's supposedly all racist dog whistles.

As much as I feel rather uninterested by the whole woke question and have a natural tendency to steer clear of people who loudly revendicate anything, regardless of hte nature of their revendications, I can't help feeling that people sometimes seem to use certain TES trivia to vent their personal resentment/animosity toward certain populations, in a way they probably feel is funny and light-hearted except not really.

None

Scholar
This is what I alluded to months ago about the project seeming like it is starting to get shaky. Inane interpersonal drama, management and formal planning going to the wayside, etc. The Hlan Oek release should be a good barometer to judge if anything of quality can be produced.

Also, RIP Vern.

Tenebris

Scholar
I had hoped that wasn't going to be the case for this project. I had a sliver of hope that Morrowind was old enough and less popular for it to be less susceptible to stupid culture war drama. The lands themselves are still good at least and anything especially bad wouldn't be too hard to edit it out.
Isn't tagged as not lore friendly? I have the "Real World Politics" tag blocked now and it removes both the Trans rights mod and the terf one from the front page for me. I just really hope that when Dark Elf Guy inevitably does a showcase for these mods it doesn't cause a bunch of copy cats to try doing the same thing. All this proved is having some culture war image is an easy way to get endorsements and anyone who says anything about it will have their posts removed and their accounts banned.

This is what I alluded to months ago about the project seeming like it is starting to get shaky. Inane interpersonal drama, management and formal planning going to the wayside, etc. The Hlan Oek release should be a good barometer to judge if anything of quality can be produced.

Also, RIP Vern.
At this rate, they have another 20 years to go, if it doesn't fall apart completely. TR could have been years ahead with a better leadership, but it's far too gone now, I think. And yeah, RIP Vern.

The based modders of Morrowind have their own group, but I doubt they will ever embark upon a massive landmass project like TR. The game is getting old and so are they.

Tenebris

Scholar

Also, RIP Vern.
At this rate, they have another 20 years to go, if it doesn't fall apart completely. TR could have been years ahead with a better leadership, but it's far too gone now, I think. And yeah, RIP Vern.

The based modders of Morrowind have their own group, but I doubt they will ever embark upon a massive landmass project like TR. The game is getting old and so are they.
If it survives that long by some miracle I'm sure there's gonna be another restructuring that will happen. Most of the newer members who like to fan drama are relatively new too and I definitely see them all jumping ship to TES VI.

Luzur

Good Sir
Daily reminder that the TR team kicked a veteran dev that has been part of the project for 12 years because he privately made fun of a fellow transgender dev.

So what? Is that why a bunch of quests were rewritten? Just asking. Daily reminder a mod that adds two words: "trans rights," to generic dialogue somehow became the most highly upvooted morrowind mod in recent history. Even the darkelfguy was one of the first five to upvote. Its a fact that discord attracts trannies, and weirdos in general. Gaming, too.
looks like i wont try this mod afterall
:ohwell:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Folks at Project Tamriel seem all in all to be much more professional (if you could even use that term when it comes to modding games for fun), more adept at long-term planning and more focused on results. Which fits, because they have MUCH more work to do, especially Cyrodiil team, they need to make enough assets to create basically new games in engine from scratch. TR had it easy in a way, mainland Morrowind is just more of what shipped in vanilla when it comes to assets at the very least.

It's not like any of these projects will get done of course. They will not. I estimate that Cyrodiil team will break after Skingrad at the very, very latest, Skyrim after Whiterun, and perhaps, God willing, the projects will at least touch (northern Chorrol county with Falkreath region), which will be nice.

Luzur

Good Sir
Folks at Project Tamriel seem all in all to be much more professional (if you could even use that term when it comes to modding games for fun), more adept at long-term planning and more focused on results. Which fits, because they have MUCH more work to do, especially Cyrodiil team, they need to make enough assets to create basically new games in engine from scratch. TR had it easy in a way, mainland Morrowind is just more of what shipped in vanilla when it comes to assets at the very least.

It's not like any of these projects will get done of course. They will not. I estimate that Cyrodiil team will break after Skingrad at the very, very latest, Skyrim after Whiterun, and perhaps, God willing, the projects will at least touch (northern Chorrol county with Falkreath region), which will be nice.
I have more hope in Beyond Skyrim project then any of these.
cant even remember the last time i installed and played Morrowind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom