Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tannery Feng Shui

Murk

Arcane
I found the tannery in a fucked up situation so I've gone ahead and reorganized it.

UPDATE: with the newly implemented cupboards I have decided to move the bear hides into a cupboard in the house next to the tannery which is now claimed my be. Its the one with the runestone that says "healers of codexia" - the cabinet in the top corner will hold the bear furs, I'm doing this in part out of a fearful paranoia and also to clear up space - the extra baskets will be used to house more leather for now.

If anybody needs decent leather armor/pants (150HP at the least... usually) then let me know and I'll whip some up.

tannery.jpg

Sorry it was night when I took it. Also, the cart's been repaired that it's usable again (though it will probably break again soon).

Basically I've sorted things out by type then by quality.

Against the picket fence we have buckets of non-leather hides, all of those are DRIED. Personally I think we should get rid of some of it - there's like of Q4 fox skins and other low Q rabbit skins. There's also quite a bit of sheep skins which we can probably make some rad condoms out.

The picture's pretty self explanatory so I'll just list out my questions and suggestions.

1) We dispose of the shitty low Q fox and rabbit skins or make items and toss 'em in the noob supply.

2) We no longer even bother with leather hides below q20 as they make shit anyway.

3) there are already 5 bear hides set to dry that are half way done or more, and 2 already dry in the basket - where should we store these? Leaving them out here makes me feel kind of uneasy and makes it too possible to just nab one.

4) We have a fuckton of tanning tubs that we don't need/use, I reccomend we dispose of the entire grouping in the low corner south of the cart near the gate to the river.

5) The other cart near the banner, in the circle, is loaded with a chest and a basket both of which are full of buckets (13 buckets). There's two already in the tanning supply bucket - seems almost like a waste of a chest. do we need these buckets or should we dispose of some (like the 9 using up the chest)?

6) The other chest sitting on the ground I found empty and have since filled up with backpacks, water skins, and some leather shoes. I figured we could just keep some for noobs or incase anyone loses their own. the two baskets to the south, basically in the north east corner of the initial hub have basic low level shit for noobs as well.

thoughts/suggestions?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I've made a q50 tanning tub... where is it located now? (it was near the claim)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Mikayel said:
thoughts/suggestions?
All good stuff. You'll want to sort the tanning tubs by Q though too. Maybe even just thrw out all old tanning tubs whenever we can make 8 higher Q ones or so.

Murk

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
Mikayel said:
thoughts/suggestions?
All good stuff. You'll want to sort the tanning tubs by Q though too. Maybe even just thrw out all old tanning tubs whenever we can make 8 higher Q ones or so.

Sure, only one question - how do you check the quality of stationary objects?

Ashery

Prophet
For tanning tubs, best method I've come up with is to tan a bunch of lower q hides and go by which of the end results are higher q :\

Murk

Arcane
Ashery said:
For tanning tubs, best method I've come up with is to tan a bunch of lower q hides and go by which of the end results are higher q :\

Ok, i'm willing to do this to all the tubs today as i'll have about 4 hours at work to kill that i can't pay too much attention to the game but can do simple stuff.

I'll take all the tubs to the river and will make leather out of the low Q hides we have while controlling for quality of hide and bark - whatever makes the shittiest I'll get rid of.

I'm thinking of saving the best 12 tubs, that sound like a decent number? Or just save them all but stash the shitty ones away in a corner somewhere?

counted a total of 24 tubs, I believe - and am thinking we don't need all 24... ?

Ashery

Prophet
We've been considering scraping every tub and starting anew. Keeping the best twelve would be a good start, but I'm leaning towards starting fresh.

However, if you can identify the now lost 50q tub, keep that one.

Murk

Arcane
gonna be hard to tell which is the q50 and which is just decent q I think, but fuck it I'll try.

i do request that no one touch the fucking tanning barrels during this process tho as I"m just gonna have them sitting by the river to make it easier rather than carrying them back inside.

ALSO SOMEONE TEL ME THE BEST Q TREE WE HAVE

so far I've been using the q15 barks off the tree near the western exit inbetween the main hub and ashery's cabin

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The q15 tree was cut.

There's a q29 apple tree near Haba's and Reva's place.

Murk

Arcane
gatdmanzit ok i'll use the apple tree - that's in the far west, right?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Exit the village - west gate. Keep going and when you get to the crossroads, go even farther west. You will see the apple tree at the end of the road.

Murk

Arcane
SuicideBunny said:
there is still a q32 birch at forrestry.

Glorious, any markers nearby it?

edit: fuck me with a brick the size of my own head - the net at work is dying every 5 fucking seconds, looks like i can't do shit till i get home tonight, sorry dewdz

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
its near that 33 apple that got cut down, on the lower south east border of that birch patch. you need to check a couple of trees though.

Murk

Arcane
EXPERIMENT COMPLETEDDDDDD

Ok found one really good tub that produced q19 leather out of q10 hide, it is currently set next to the cabin that I have no claimed as my own with consent from DU (who i bribed with a cupboard).

Feel free to use this tub but PLEASE RETURN IT BACK and don't put other tubs next to it unless it is confirmed that they produce the good shit too

Secretninja

Cipher
Did some tanning tonight, now that I have the hang of it I'll help out. Also, I plan on drying the bear pelts I get from now on and making capes, since they give a decent bit of lp. I'll put any decent ones I happen to make in the leatherhouse, and put bear capes in the noob baskets.

mahdi

Liturgist
For the record, Nao brought some high quality meat and skins today as a gift. I wasn't able to move the skins over to the tannery before the crash so they should still be in the grindhouse. I think they were in the 95-100 q range if someone can get them and tan them. If they aren't in the grindhouse, they were in the cupboard I was carrying when it crashed.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i suggest we invite some of the nice lads'n lasses who helped us for a picnic on our lush green fields. treat them to some quality cake, tea, and larping.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
SuicideBunny said:
i suggest we invite some of the nice lads'n lasses who helped us for a picnic on our lush green fields. treat them to some quality cake, tea, and larping.

WE'LL MAKE IT A "RED PICNIC"*

*) If you don't get the reference, you are a worthless human being.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom