Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Team Ninja's Rise of the Ronin

jaekl

Learned
Patron
I don't hate it, I barely remember it. Most of my memories are about how retarded the cutscenes and dialogue were and how it never ended. How dare you quote steam reviews to me as a barometer of quality when Baldur's Gate 3 has 90%+. How dare you make me think about Days Gone again when I had forgotten about it! It doesn't deserve to take up space in my memory.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
Am I not explaining correctly? It's an ubisoft-type game except with more complicated combat. You mindlessly go through lists and kill/collect shit to clear the map out. You pick the loot with the biggest number and equip it. You zone out and daydream while a bunch of historical guys talk too much. These types of games are time wasters and you generally forget about them after about a week. If you like that type of game, such as Days Gone or Ass Creed, this is an above average game for you probably because the combat carries it.

Spike

Educated
Am I not explaining correctly? It's an ubisoft-type game except with more complicated combat. You mindlessly go through lists and kill/collect shit to clear the map out. You pick the loot with the biggest number and equip it. You zone out and daydream while a bunch of historical guys talk too much. These types of games are time wasters and you generally forget about them after about a week. If you like that type of game, such as Days Gone or Ass Creed, this is an above average game for you probably because the combat carries it.
Yeah I knew what you meant. For me, though, what I will remember is the combat and combat encounters/duels. That seems very much worthwhile and will have staying power the way Nioh does.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
For those who have played this, is the combat actually good? Worth getting a SlopStation 5 for?

Spike

Educated
For those who have played this, is the combat actually good? Worth getting a SlopStation 5 for?
I don't have a PS5 but I figure why not wait for the inevitable DLC and everything to be in a "Complete" edition for PC?

EDIT: Could always play Like a Dragon: Ishin! in the meantime for that 1800s ronin feel, and you actually would play the same character.

Reinhardt

Arcane
if their previous games are any indicator - wait for complete version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom