Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple of Elemental Evil fixes-only patch?

1eyedking

Erudite
inwoker said:
Don't try to confuse me. Villagers of arroyo forgot where Vault 13 is. That's amnesia. Elder of village is old lady. So the answer to your question is Avellone.
I always assumed the Vault Dweller didn't tell them.

Cogar

Novice
Sitra Achara said:
Cogar said:
changing the stats of a dagger or restoring the artwork for a strongbox differs from the changes I suspect still exist in Co8's new content removal mod/patch.

Such as?
Don't know. Never used the patch. The statement was based on the author's (or maintainer's) statement that the patch was an 80/20 compromise, which implies that there is "20% of a patch" worth of additional content.

Gaear

Novice
What I really dislike was the addition of custom content like a crappy map that used Diablo 2 backgrounds. And it looked like shit.
That's been overhauled for the next modpack.

PS: The third patch makes my game crash. Does anyone if there were any issues with it?
THe third Atari patch doesn't play nice with a lot of systems. The specific issue it was supposed to fix was the looting bux associated with Direct X 9c.

If you're using Vista, be sure to install both of the first two Atari patches as well. For some reason skipping the first patch (which is supposed to be unnecessary with Patch 2) can cause problems with Vista.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Cogar said:
Sitra Achara said:
Cogar said:
changing the stats of a dagger or restoring the artwork for a strongbox differs from the changes I suspect still exist in Co8's new content removal mod/patch.

Such as?
Don't know. Never used the patch. The statement was based on the author's (or maintainer's) statement that the patch was an 80/20 compromise, which implies that there is "20% of a patch" worth of additional content.

Actually, I was referring to this.

zodden

Scholar
oldschool said:
I played it with just the official patches, and it worked fine.

I played it too when it came out when all there was official patches and I couldn't stay ahead of the constant crashing though I somehow finished it. CTD city that game was for me.

Cogar

Novice
Sitra Achara said:
Actually, I was referring to this.
Well I guess you lost me, then. The Pareto Principle would be applicable to stating that 20% of a store's product line results in 80% of their sales. Trying to apply that to this situation, the only thing I can imagine is something along the lines that 20% of the content changes left in would be approved by 80% of the people. If so, there are others--me included--that would not be interested in any content changes. Still, since they clearly stated that removing the additional content was not easy; I felt it was only reasonable to believe that they left at least some of it in, which defeats the idea that this is a good place to look for a "bugs only" patch.

Perhaps a better comparison of patch types would be two patches for Bloodlines, which I suppose have been discussed here at one time or another. Anyway, the one called the "true patch" (by Acrimonious) is a bug fix only patch, and is the type being sought by the original poster. The other is usually called the "unofficial patch" (by Wesp5), which adds content. Although opinions vary regarding whether the additional content is good or not, it does not claim to be only a bug fix and even a "cleaned up version" would not be a suitable replacement for the true patch.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Gaear said:
What I really dislike was the addition of custom content like a crappy map that used Diablo 2 backgrounds. And it looked like shit.
That's been overhauled for the next modpack.

Sweet :)

Personally, I dislike content that stands out as modded. If it meets the standard of the rest of the game, is cool by me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom