Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie The Accursed Crown of the Giant King - RTwP episodic indie RPG

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
So while waiting for the bug I encountered to be fixed in ACotGK, i started playing Temple Of The Abyssal Winds, and once again, GREAT little CRPG style you have here geoffdunbar ! I would rather play a game like TofAW than a big budget RPG most days because of all the cool oldschool features of the CRPGs you make. Really impressed with Abyssal Winds and am going to play more, at least until that bug gets fixed. Thanks for making these killer games sir!! I will be looking forward to whatever you plan on working on next, that's for sure!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I went here: https://prankster.com/totaw/getit.html

It shows a link for ios but on the app store says not there or incompatible. Mac OS 12.1 or higher. I did notice you can get TOTAW directly DRM through fastspring. Can't say I've used that before. The accursed Crown has no page like that through fastspring. I'm trying to steer clear of steam until cornered. I may buy through Fastspring to test the waters of purchases through there.

geoffdunbar

Merry Prankster Games
Developer

It shows a link for ios but on the app store says not there or incompatible. Mac OS 12.1 or higher. I did notice you can get TOTAW directly DRM through fastspring. Can't say I've used that before. The accursed Crown has no page like that through fastspring. I'm trying to steer clear of steam until cornered. I may buy through Fastspring to test the waters of purchases through there.
Hi!
  1. TotAW is currently Windows or Mac only. The iOS version was before 64-bit, and it would be some effort for me to upgrade the old game to work with new devices. Possible, but I haven't tried yet.
  2. TotAW for Windows is purchasable on FastSpring, but not Steam. FastSpring is fine; a little clunky but works well enough. Steam was harder to get onto when I made TotAW and again would be some effort to get onto Steam.
  3. ACotGK for Windows is Steam only. At this point Steam seems near-ubiquitous (apparently not!), so if I'm going to support one store, that seems like the one to do.
I'll clean up the old links on the TotAW page; thanks for pointing them out!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hmmm.... well, I own the ios TAC so I doubt I'll get full steam version except the free first part just to compare visuals and interface. My days of buying duplicates is relatively over. Happened a lot back in cdrom packaged deal days though. I have do many copies of MM3 and gold box titles it is ridiculous.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

Hi!
  1. TotAW is currently Windows or Mac only. The iOS version was before 64-bit, and it would be some effort for me to upgrade the old game to work with new devices. Possible, but I haven't tried yet.
  2. TotAW for Windows is purchasable on FastSpring, but not Steam. FastSpring is fine; a little clunky but works well enough. Steam was harder to get onto when I made TotAW and again would be some effort to get onto Steam.
  3. ACotGK for Windows is Steam only. At this point Steam seems near-ubiquitous (apparently not!), so if I'm going to support one store, that seems like the one to do.
I'll clean up the old links on the TotAW page; thanks for pointing them out!
Having trouble purchasing the 6th chapter from your website. 2-5 went flawlessly but chapter 6 keeps declining my payment. I sent a message from failed order but maybe you'll see it here.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I tried EDGE, IOS (yes you can still download files on an iphone to transfer to your computer), Chrome, firefox and no dice. I tried from the site, from the game, and used debit card and paypay. I'm obviously not going to wire money nor send a check or money order.
Every time:
RJvpAOs.jpg

This is ONLY Chapter 6. The final Crux Chapter. The Pinnacle. Fluent told me he hasn't seen a fix either.

geoffdunbar

Merry Prankster Games
Developer
That's annoying... I'll investigate. In the meantime happy to send you the install file... see the message thread.

Thanks,
Geoff

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom