Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The art of reading between the lines - a FO3 thread

Top Hat

Scholar
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
Also Chocolatemilk, the great evil of the 21st century

What about chocolate soy milk? It makes you stupid AND less manly.

merry andrew

Erudite
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
Also Chocolatemilk, the great evil of the 21st century
Hey, she said she'd get him whatever he wanted and he wanted chocolate milk. It doesn't matter if he said he wanted a Mountain Dew before. A man is allowed to change his mind.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The "I told you so" moment:

Vault Dweller said:
1. The player's father, appearing prominently throughout the game and providing the dramatic tone for the entire game.

It implies you are young...

dagorkan said:
Sander said:
Sir_Brennus said:
...yours is paranoid thinking.
The correct answer from the GI article: "Finally, at age 19, your father escapes and you pursue him into the world beyond"

mister lamat

Scholar
you're actually a year older in fo3 than you were with a slate character in fo1 and 2. since adjusting the slider had no relevance neither does the distinction here.

Fryjar

Augur
Well, I guess the story's obvious now.
Your father travels the wastelands and somehow disappears, so that you set out to gather rumours about his whereabouts. Finally you get the information that he was brought to the new and improved super² mutant base.
At the end you manage to get into the base but your father has already been turned into a super mutant. Now you can a) join him and conquer the world b) kill him and so on.
Teh drama.

psycojester

Arbiter
What would amuse me would be if after tooling around across the wastelands hunting him down, you finally find out that your father never really left and had actually been killed by the overseer for stirring up dissidence amongst the population.

Basically all of your epic adventures in the wastes had been people lying to manipulate you to their own ends.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
psycojester said:
What would amuse me would be if after tooling around across the wastelands hunting him down, you finally find out that your father never really left and had actually been killed by the overseer for stirring up dissidence amongst the population.

Basically all of your epic adventures in the wastes had been people lying to manipulate you to their own ends.

This would be too good a story for Bethesda too pull off.

And not satisfying enough for the ego-hungry console kiddies. They want to be the HERO!

Vault Dweller

Developer
http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=17291

Have you spoken at all to the original creators of the franchise--who from what I know already had less complete involvement with Fallout 2 than with the first game--in any capacity?

We have, on an individual basis. ... But at the same time, if we're going to move forward, we're really going to have to move forward. We can't just say, "Well, let's ask these guys what they think." As Fallout fans and guys who make roleplaying games and have for over a decade, we have pretty good ideas about what we want to do and how to do it.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Vault Dweller said:
http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=17291

Have you spoken at all to the original creators of the franchise--who from what I know already had less complete involvement with Fallout 2 than with the first game--in any capacity?

We have, on an individual basis. ... But at the same time, if we're going to move forward, we're really going to have to move forward. We can't just say, "Well, let's ask these guys what they think." As Fallout fans and guys who make roleplaying games and have for over a decade, we have pretty good ideas about what we want to do and how to do it.

So Beth isn't even gonna hire the MAKERS of Fallout to at least be a consultant?

That's just...

Vault Dweller

Developer
I assume you've seen the Game Informer scans. Now you know why.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom